How to turn off R7-SpeedCam overspeed notice?

WildOne

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I have my R7 set to announce Speed Cameras. That part works fine. But if I'm over the PSL, it keeps barking at me about over speed. How do I shut this up! Mute sometimes works, but sometimes it comes back again. Some spots are just old, others alert to a van that is not always there or is on the other side of the road. Regardless, it is beyond annoying to keep chirping about over speed!

How do I turn this off?

Maz3

Don't hate me just because I'm beautiful 🤣
Intermediate User
Reaction score
It's in the manual, and if memory serves its one of the last menu choices.

Unless I'm misunderstanding the question.

WildOne

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I can turn the camera alert on or off. I want that on. The announcement of even an old location is fine. I have limit speed off. I don't see any other choices for cameras. The limit speed seems to be just in general too, but it is off anyways.

The display continually shows "over speed" on the display and chirps incessantly!

Jdem

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
This has also annoyed me. So much that Ive recently turned off the speed camera option.

WildOne

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
This has also annoyed me. So much that Ive recently turned off the speed camera option.
I'm about there myself. I was hoping there was an easy fix. So, I'll either turn it off and just use JBV1 or the R7 may take a flying leap out the window! LOL

WildOne

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Yes, I've got the R7, V1G2 and JBV1. The R7 is the only one that won't shut up for these speed cams!
Today at one, I had JBV1 announce, R7 announce , then screech about over speed. Then it picked up MRCD, but still over speed, then the V1 decided that it saw a whiff of K band. JBV1 announced K band, but muted it due to GPS lockout....all I needed was a phone call to come in on top of all this!

Will the MRCD be quieted once it learns that it is always present at this location? It has learned some of the door openers now.

Mad Hatter

Premium Plus
Intermediate User
Reaction score
It IS annoying, and unfortunately you can’t turn off the overspeed warning for speed cameras; other than slowing down below PSL.

Allez

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I turned off speed camera warnings and use Waze.

thesilverbullet

Clemson Tigers
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I have my R7 set to announce Speed Cameras. That part works fine. But if I'm over the PSL, it keeps barking at me about over speed. How do I shut this up! Mute sometimes works, but sometimes it comes back again. Some spots are just old, others alert to a van that is not always there or is on the other side of the road. Regardless, it is beyond annoying to keep chirping about over speed!

How do I turn this off?
not sure if this is your issue...

the over speed alert is based on vehicle speed you set the alert point 50-100mph. if you set to 50mph, you get an alert anytime the vehicle speed exceeds 50mph. i have it set to 100mph.

Limit Speed (GPS on) - Set an alarm to sound if you go faster than this selected speed. 50 - 100 mph (80 - 160 km/h), Off (Default)

maybe this will work for speed cams as well..
RED LIGHT CAMERA POINT DELETE
When you are at a red light camera and an alert displays, you can delete that camera point. Once deleted, the R7 will not alert at that red light camera location again.
To delete the RLC Point, press MUTE/DIM on the unit or MUTE on the power cord while the alert displays.

Last edited:

WildOne

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
double check your settings. over speed alert is based on vehicle speed not PLS and has nothing to do with camera alerts. you set the alert point 50-100mph. if you set to 50mph, you get an alert anytime the vehicle speed exceeds 50mph. i have it set to 100mph.

from the manual...
Limit Speed (GPS on) - Set an alarm to sound if you go faster than this selected speed. 50 - 100 mph (80 - 160 km/h), Off (Default)

also you can delete the odd ball camera alerts...

from the manual..
RED LIGHT CAMERA POINT DELETE
When you are at a red light camera and an alert displays, you can delete that camera point. Once deleted, the R7 will not alert at that red light camera location again.
To delete the RLC Point, press MUTE/DIM on the unit or MUTE on the power cord while the alert displays.

you can also mute RLC alerts based on vehicle speed..

from the manual...
RLC Q-Ride (GPS on)- Red Light Camera Quiet Ride - Mutes red light camera alarms if you drive over the speed limit set here, 50 - 85 MPH (80 - 140 km/h), Off (Default)
Actually in this case it does. I have no speed warnings set. Limit speed is off. It only shows "over speed", after it alerts to the speed camera based on that roads PSL.

It says that you can delete red light cameras, but does that also work for speed cams at a PSL of 55MPH? I'm not crazy about taking the time driving in beltway traffic to try to delete the alert going off.

I'll try the RLC-Q ride, but does that mute the alert or the over speed? Does it also work for speed cameras?

It is seeming like a bug that is best just turned off to me.

Mad Hatter

Premium Plus
Intermediate User
Reaction score
@thesilverbullet He’s talking about speed cameras. Not limit speed, not red light cameras. If you have ever driven through a speed camera with the setting turned on and you were over the PSL, you would know what he’s talking about. The database contains the location of the speed camera, and the published speed limit as you pass it. If you are 1 mile an hour over he PSL, then you will get the annoying “you are over the speed limit”, or whatever it says.

warz00

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Ive had to turn the speed camera function off - in my area there are so many cameras on roads that are parallel to the highway that they're constantly going off - they can not be locked out from everything ive tried and searched - would be really helpful if we could lock them out since they are gps, or at least have them not alert if over a user picked speed - jmho

WildOne

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Ive had to turn the speed camera function off - in my area there are so many cameras on roads that are parallel to the highway that they're constantly going off - they can not be locked out from everything ive tried and searched - would be really helpful if we could lock them out since they are gps, or at least have them not alert if over a user picked speed - jmho
Mine are off now too. Way too annoying. Using JBV1, so I'm not missing anything.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kidnapper49