RL/Speed Cam Repetitive Stationary Alerts

brettzo

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Does anyone else experience perpetual RL/speed cam alerts when parked within the alerting distance of an enforced intersection? Whenever I stop to get gas or park near a known source, the R7 will alert to that source, stop and then alert again repetitively until I move. I have tried this in areas where there are radar signals and when auto lockouts are active too. The same thing happens...The R7 will alert, show the locked out signal (or radar signal if not locked out) and then go back to alerting to the RL/speed cam in rotation until I move.

There are no radar signals and just the speed cam alert in this example. What makes the issue hard to deal with is that the mute button does nothing to silence these alerts and they just keep going and going. Tough to deal with if you're on a call, etc. I also have it set to the lowest alert threshold of 300M/980ft.

I'm sure that I can't be the only one, but couldn't find a thread on this so I thought I would see if anyone has a solution or whether Uniden has this on the roadmap?

Overall very pleased with the R7 on 1.35, but this has been an issue that's been a bit annoying since owning it.

Last edited:

rwsmith123

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I posted about it a couple weeks ago:

brettzo

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I posted about it a couple weeks ago:
Thanks. Thought somebody must have by now. Hoping they can fix that soon!

Last edited:

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kidnapper49