Heavily considering a TMG system Pros / Cons?

Localmauythai

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Pro's :
Price. Probably less than $700 for two heads plus VPR
Have an excellent spot for the head unit that is out of view, but accessible from the drivers seat position (my audi has an excellent storage compartment to the lower left of the steering wheel that opens and closes on a hinge. its supposed to hold all the Audi manuals but its got a ton of space in there).
I'm an Android user and I hear there is an excellent android app that comes with TMG and can connect to JBV1

Cons
I live in Boston, I hear we have dragon eye...
Its not ALP
???

Help me out guys. I'm thinking of a front facing system. I have an 2018 Audi A5 coupe - I think my grill would be perfect for the heads and some perspex would make it look even better.

viggendriver

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I have a TMG Dual w/VPR and I've been happy with so far. I considered ALP but it's insanely expensive and having to buy and mess with GPS and Bluetooth add ons is a pain I didn't want to deal with. I've tested the unit against a DragonEye and it performed well. PLII/III's it deals with pretty easily. I have some placement issues but I feel pretty safe with it. It doesn't do well with the LaserAlly for some strange reason.

Customer service is great, I had an issue initially and Jag made everything good with no questions or other BS. My only beef at this point is the lag in algo updates. Last one was in August.

I haven't stealthed mine with Perspex or anything and I live in Virginia. I'd love to try something but I'm not all that great crafting Perspex. I haven't seriously tried to find someone that could do it. I'd love to put rear sensors on but that's pretty risky in Va.

NorEaster18

Maximum Efficiency
Advanced User
Reaction score
Pro's :
Have an excellent spot for the head unit that is out of view, but accessible from the drivers seat position (my audi has an excellent storage compartment to the lower left of the steering wheel that opens and closes on a hinge. its supposed to hold all the Audi manuals but its got a ton of space in there).
I'm an Android user and I hear there is an excellent android app that comes with TMG and can connect to JBV1

Cons
Its not ALP
???

Help me out guys. I'm thinking of a front facing system. I have an 2018 Audi A5 coupe - I think my grill would be perfect for the heads and some perspex would make it look even better.
Boston and Sturbridge police both use DragonEye, but a bigger threat to you would be all of the Truspeed S guns in use around the state, both with MASP and many local municipalities. TMG does not handle LEO grade Truspeed S guns, along with its struggles against many DE variants. It is not adequate for protection in our area.

Please feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions about our area involving lidar! I am happy to help!

Smason

What is a PSL?
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Location and Cost are the two biggest things to consider.

If you can make up the price difference by waiting a month or so to ALP, that should be a serious option.

The guns I have been able to get ahold of are an accurate representation of what threats I face. And so far, the TMG has handled them well. I understand that is not the case everywhere, but as far as what I face, it's a top contender.

There are many other people here better suited to give you info specific to your location.

Localmauythai

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Thank you everyone who replied, and thank you for everyone that sent PMs.

I really appreciate the wealth of knowledge on this forum.

Jag42

USA TMG a-15 Dealer - PM me
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Manufacturer
Reaction score
Pro's :

Cons
Its not ALP
???

You will be fine. Lots of TMG users in your area with zero issues, even with Leo grade TSS.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danimajado