Couple quick questiosn

Rags

Tumbleweed
Advanced User
Reaction score
"Valentine 1 gen 2 long range testing" by Vortex at the 11 minute mark and 14:08 Vortex says if you turn K verifier off on "A" you will get better range. .albeit this is for K band but I haven't seen him say anything otherwise for KA
Post automatically merged:
That only affects k range.

Bloovy One

"Today didn't have to end in eels"
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
If it helps, the behavior of V1s are well known after 29 years of consistency.
Logic modes have always affected only X and K bands.

Even if you leave all the features on, Ka band will always have as much range as it's supposed to.

The logic modes only affect how the V1 notifies you. Nothing affects range of the V1 itself except placement and terrain. It's stated in the manual, it's not just people here saying things. :)

Mystic330

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
As others have stated, Ka range and alerts are NOT affected by mode.
Little “L” (logic) mode does NOT affect K range but only changes alerts (it will alert in muted volume until the strength increases)
Big “L” (advanced logic) mode does NOT affect K range but silences K alerts until strength increases (which gives the illusion of changing range because it doesnt alert).

Randomdude421

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
If it helps, the behavior of V1s are well known after 29 years of consistency.
Logic modes have always affected only X and K bands.

Even if you leave all the features on, Ka band will always have as much range as it's supposed to.

The logic modes only affect how the V1 notifies you. Nothing affects range of the V1 itself except placement and terrain. It's stated in the manual, it's not just people here saying things. :)
Alright cool thanks for clarification.
As others have stated, Ka range and alerts are NOT affected by mode.
Little “L” (logic) mode does NOT affect K range but only changes alerts (it will alert in muted volume until the strength increases)
Big “L” (advanced logic) mode does NOT affect K range but silences K alerts until strength increases (which gives the illusion of changing range because it doesnt alert).
According to Vortex's video the different modes did effect range on K band. Watch the whole video starting from 11 minute mark. There's a chart.

Mystic330

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
"Valentine 1 gen 2 long range testing" by Vortex at the 11 minute mark and 14:08 Vortex says if you turn K verifier off on "A" you will get better range. .albeit this is for K band but I haven't seen him say anything otherwise for KA
Ok I can see the confusion.
If you look at that table closely he is toggling K-verifier on and off along with the different modes.
K-verifier will have a huge impact on K range -as that is the K filter on the V1G2.
The only entry where he ran with K-verifier off was with All bogies mode, so this can be misunderstood - but K-verifier off made that entry have longer range not All bogies mode.
Since the V1G2 is miserable with Kv off, and most run with it on, the 2 entries to look at are All bogies mode and logic mode with Kv on. They are within a margin of error/variability to call them the same range.

Bloovy One

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Logic modes "appear" to change range, but according to documentation and discussions with VR techs, it doesn't.

What the logic modes alter is how the alerts behave for the user.

It's a minor distinction from a user's point of view in most cases, but the point is that you are never reducing range of the V1.

luis565

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Hey @Randomdude421, welcome to RDF.

Yes, you get the best range in A mode and you can mute K band, but most in the forum recommend against that. I recently started a discussion about muting X and K because I never encountered legitimate X or K threats. Several other members agreed about muting X and also advised against muting K as there are still some LEO using K for enforcement. Apparently most are town and county LEO. About a week after that conversation I encountered a LEO on the side of an interstate with C/O K band.

I don’t use Savvy so I’m not familiar with the options. You didn’t mention what kind of phone you use. If you have access to an Android phone I recommend you download an app called JBV1. It is the best countermeasures app and it’s designed to work with your V1. I’m sure it will do everything you would want to with the Savvy features and so much more. JBV1 is a free app designed and maintained by RDF member @johnboy00. I’m an iPhone guy but it didn’t take long for me to get my hands on an old Android so I could run JBV1.

One of the things I do with JBV1 is apply different settings depending on where I am and how fast I’m going. For example, I always start in Logic mode (little L) But JBV1 automatically switches to A mode when I reach 60 mph. The idea is if I’m driving less than 60 mph I’m probably in an area with other signals I want to filter like door openers and such. JBV1 also mutes all signals if I’m driving 25 mph or less because I’m not speeding.

These examples are just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to JBV1. The combination of the app plus the V1 are one of the strongest countermeasures you can deploy.
hey questions from noob... how do you set the jbv1 to automatically change profiles once you reach 60mph? also should I user Little L in the city and big L when in the highway?

Do i have to setup different profiles one for city and one for highway?

darn, yeah i'd probably only get the V1G2 if I can mute K and still run "A" mode. My county doesn't really run K, if they are in a speed trap, they are either using laser or show up on Waze.

unfortunately I have an iPhone so I can't use JBV1 or else I would have already bought the V1G2.. So the only reason against muting K while on "A" is that some LEO's use K band? Because in my experience they are all using laser or KA band. If I get the V1G2 it's for the range and basically that's it, so if I can't max the range I will probably buy a different detector.
I too have a iphone but i am getting a cheap $50 android phone dedicated just for jbv1 and waze. If it is only $50 bucks for a better performance with JBV1 i think it is a no brainer, just my opinion.

Last edited:

Bloovy One

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
It's a setting screen under Settings/General/V1

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210410-091815.png
    Screenshot_20210410-091815.png
    223.8 KB · Views: 6

Randomdude421

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
hey questions from noob... how do you set the jbv1 to automatically change profiles once you reach 60mph? also should I user Little L in the city and big L when in the highway?

Do i have to setup different profiles one for city and one for highway?

I too have a iphone but i am getting a cheap $50 android phone dedicated just for jbv1 and waze. If it is only $50 bucks for a better performance with JBV1 i think it is a no brainer, just my opinion.
the android phone has to have cell service though correct? I am not interested in using a cell service wifi hotspot, in my experience that's way too slow.

luis565

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
the android phone has to have cell service though correct? I am not interested in using a cell service wifi hotspot, in my experience that's way too slow.
no i will tether from my iphone. my kid does this now and we don't have any issues, i don't see any issues with connecting a android to your iphone's hotspot.

Bloovy One

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
JBV1 is pretty thorough about telling you what features require a data connection.
GPS related speed features such as Auto V1 Mode, lockouts, etc. don't require data.

Live maps, CSAs, Weather, Aircraft (without the carputer) all require data.
Basically, anything that can happen after you leave home (or work, or any wifi connection) such as a CSA reported on the road ahead or an aircraft starting it's patrol patterns needs a data connection to get to you in the vehicle.

Anything that has already been downloaded before leaving home will likely be present during your drive.

IsItWorthIt

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
You can also download maps while on WiFi for any area so you don’t need data for that as long as you don’t drive out of the area you downloaded. Theoretically you could download the whole country if your device has enough memory. Before I found a regular WiFi connection I downloaded a polygon containing the maps foe a 300 mile trip I drive regularly.

Randomdude421

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
You can also download maps while on WiFi for any area so you don’t need data for that as long as you don’t drive out of the area you downloaded. Theoretically you could download the whole country if your device has enough memory. Before I found a regular WiFi connection I downloaded a polygon containing the maps foe a 300 mile trip I drive regularly.

JBV1 is pretty thorough about telling you what features require a data connection.
GPS related speed features such as Auto V1 Mode, lockouts, etc. don't require data.

Live maps, CSAs, Weather, Aircraft (without the carputer) all require data.
Basically, anything that can happen after you leave home (or work, or any wifi connection) such as a CSA reported on the road ahead or an aircraft starting it's patrol patterns needs a data connection to get to you in the vehicle.

Anything that has already been downloaded before leaving home will likely be present during your drive.
I am going to pair my V1G2 with V1 driver and Highway radar on iOS. Using two devices is too much for me I don't need that, I generally just need the apps running in the background. Thanks for the responses.

luis565

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I am going to pair my V1G2 with V1 driver and Highway radar on iOS. Using two devices is too much for me I don't need that, I generally just need the apps running in the background. Thanks for the responses.
Hmmm i thought Highway Radar was for Android? I am looking on my Iphone and not finding app highway radar ?

Bloovy One

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Not available for iOS yet. Unknown date as far as I'm aware.

Randomdude421

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Hmmm i thought Highway Radar was for Android? I am looking on my Iphone and not finding app highway radar ?
Not available for iOS yet. Unknown date as far as I'm aware.
HR developer is working on the iOS app as we speak..he said july he expects to release the beta version.

Bloovy One

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
I'm wondering if there can be an iOS WzSabre plugin. Can't side load on iOS.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kidnapper49