R7 MRCD strange issue

gtispeeder

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
So there is an intersection I pass every day twice, from both sides, there is a speed cam stationed there, my R7 sometimes alarms and sometimes not when passing/before.

Is this a glitch or the camera works like that ? or maybe something in my settings ?

Smason

What is a PSL?
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Is it when you're going both ways or just the one?

gtispeeder

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Is it when you're going both ways or just the one?
Both ways, I know that if the MRCD is in front of me, the radar is not the best one alerting but still, right in front of it, nothing one day, same day later I get alert. strange

RadarScout

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Both ways, I know that if the MRCD is in front of me, the radar is not the best one alerting but still, right in front of it, nothing one day, same day later I get alert. strange
Is it solar powered? If so, I'm wondering if the battery is weak and recharges over the course of the day.
Just a guess.

Maz3

Don't hate me just because I'm beautiful 🤣
Intermediate User
Reaction score
don't think so, Vancouver area is known for its no sun :)
Lots of speed boards, even crosswalk lights are solar powered in the area, despite the rainy months.

I'm not saying your device is solar powered, just that it could be.

gtispeeder

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Lots of speed boards, even crosswalk lights are solar powered in the area, despite the rainy months.

I'm not saying your device is solar powered, just that it could be.
its one of those
interesting when you say its solar powered, doesnt it suppose to work 24/7?

WildOne

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
its one of those
Hmm, maintain speed and don't get a red light ticket.... but get a a speeding ticket... or slam on the brakes whenever in doubt and cause a rear end collision....but no tickets.

If you slide sideways through the intersection, then they don't get a picture of your license plate! :)

Maz3

Don't hate me just because I'm beautiful 🤣
Intermediate User
Reaction score
its one of those
Keeping in mind that article was written two years ago, I don't see a solar panel in the picture. Evenso, in my experience they are not solar powered.

Solar and night time for 24/7... You're going to hate me for the answer... ;) Batteries get charged during the day by the solar panels.

Last edited:

Fixxxer0

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Mrcd on 1.35 is not good.

Used to get very good alerts and warning on the 1.33 fw. Now it sometimes never alerts, or only when you are in or past the kill zone. All I get now is the occasional full blast alert when it's too late.

I did testing on the nyc MRCT cameras and confirmed they are always transmitting. Seems like there is very long delay in alerting on the 1.35 firmware that causes them to be missed when driving.

Last edited:

gtispeeder

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Mrcd on 1.35 is not good.

Used to get very good alerts and warning on the 1.33 fw. Now it sometimes never alerts, or only when you are in or past the kill zone. All I get now is the occasional full blast alert when it's too late.

I did testing on the nyc MRCT cameras and confirmed they are always transmitting. Seems like there is very long delay in alerting on the 1.35 firmware that causes them to be missed when driving.
exactly like I have. although I dont need the MRCD alert, but works worse than 1.33 indeed. we should submit a bug report

WildOne

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
exactly like I have. although I dont need the MRCD alert, but works worse than 1.33 indeed. we should submit a bug report
When I tested mine against the local MRCD, I didn't see any change from 1.33 to 1.35. Both outside the kill zone, though not by a lot. The GPS alerted before it saw the actual camera.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kidnapper49