Small green text on R7

Redmed

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
The other day my R7 saved me from a ticket. I was traveling thru a 25mph area and a strong K band alert came on. The cop was well hidden at the very end of the 25mph zone. Without this alert I normally travel 30-35 thru this area and accelerate to 45mph a few hundred feet before the 25 zone switches to a 45 zone. Without the alert I would not have seen the cop (he was well hidden) and probably would have been ticketed. This 25 zone (until a few weeks ago) was a 35 zone.

While the alert was on there was small green text on the upper right of the screen. I could not read it (the text was so small) but I think the first character was a "Q" followed by a "-". I have been searching this forum for hours but can not find any mention of anything of a small message on the upper right corner of the R7 screen. This is the first time I have seen this. Most of the alerts I get are Ka band and I have never noticed any small text before. Is the text describing the type of K band signal the R7 is finding?

R4D4RUS3R

RADARUSER
Premium Plus
Advanced User
Reaction score
The text was saying Mute and was telling you that you had a muted signal in the location you were in. So in addition to the real signal you had a muted signal.

mattguy10

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
0730F3D7-6B34-4178-8B93-BCF69800C173.jpeg
F1A86C89-A18D-408D-B499-3EA16DF5FD87.jpeg

Redmed

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Thanks! I have Quiet Ride set to 30mph. This is the first time I noticed the text while travelling under 30. I have had other times where as I accelerated from a light I got a beep just as I broke 30mph. But most of those times the speed limit was 35+. So I don't remember ever traveling any distance under 30mph while the R7 was giving me a alert.

If I remember correctly I was stopped at a red light and when it turned green I accelerated and probably reached 31mph because I remember a beep. Then I dropped back quickly to 25 and stayed a 25 for about a half a mile. So I had plenty time to stare at the screen and notice the text. Maybe I've had the text before but never noticed it.

So if I understand correctly the text was telling me I had a alert while I was under Quiet Ride? Or,
"So in addition to the real signal you had a muted signal."
Are you saying I had two signals?
Post automatically merged:

So now I read Mattguy10's message and see the Q-Ride only displays if I'm getting a K or X band alert and I'm under Quiet Ride. A condition I have not encountered before.

So if I get a Ka band alert and I'm under Quiet Ride that "Q-Ride" text will not show? That seems wrong because a Ka band alert is more likely to be a real threat than a K or X alert. Hmmm.

Last edited:

NoahWL

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
When under the quiet ride speed threshold, upon detecting an X or K band signal the detector will show "Q-Ride" in the corner, and play a short, single beep to alert you of its presence. Ka signals will never be muted by quiet ride so the "Q-Ride" text does not show, nor does the beep play; it alerts the same as it would with quiet ride disabled.

Redmed

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I thought Quiet Ride meant what the detector would be completely quiet under whatever speed I set. There where times it beeped two times then was quiet. Other times two beeps & quiet until a hill or curve broke the signal, then at the top of the hill the two beep then quiet started again. But other times it would not stop beeping. I could not figure why it was not quiet. Now I understand that the Ka does not go quiet. They should call it "Semi Quiet Ride". I guess I took things too literally.

SlimTim

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I thought Quiet Ride meant what the detector would be completely quiet under whatever speed I set. There where times it beeped two times then was quiet. Other times two beeps & quiet until a hill or curve broke the signal, then at the top of the hill the two beep then quiet started again. But other times it would not stop beeping. I could not figure why it was not quiet. Now I understand that the Ka does not go quiet. They should call it "Semi Quiet Ride". I guess I took things too literally.
I have my R7 set to beep twice while in Quiet Ride. I believe it can be set to beep 1-5 times while in Quiet Ride. (I cant remember exactly). Quiet Ride beep volume can also be set. You can also turn the beeps off.

Brainstorm69

TXCTG - 2016 MOTY
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I have my R7 set to beep twice while in Quiet Ride. I believe it can be set to beep 1-5 times while in Quiet Ride. (I cant remember exactly). Quiet Ride beep volume can also be set. You can also turn the beeps off.
I don't believe you can set the number of beeps. It's only one. But you can set the volume, including to 0 if you don't want to hear it.

SlimTim

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I don't believe you can set the number of beeps. It's only one. But you can set the volume, including to 0 if you don't want to hear it.

Maybe it's Auto mute I'm have it confused with.

Auto Mute Volume​

If the Auto Mute option is enabled, choose how loud or quiet the detector alerts once it drops down to the auto muted volume level.

• 0-5 (Default = 2)

Brainstorm69

TXCTG - 2016 MOTY
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score

Maybe it's Auto mute I'm have it confused with.

Auto Mute Volume​

If the Auto Mute option is enabled, choose how loud or quiet the detector alerts once it drops down to the auto muted volume level.

• 0-5 (Default = 2)
Maybe so. I just couldn't find anything in the menu re # of beeps.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kidnapper49