Upstate new york no kband???????

Euurx

Cat Lover
Intermediate User
Reaction score
We have everything here, but mostly 34.7.

All the local departments have at least some K band, some locals are 100% K band - Troopers are all 34.7.

Albany/Renn/Saratoga Sheriffs use a lot of K band also.

The state has been providing grants for Stalker Patrols and about 400 units have been provided to upstate localities in the last 3 years, so most of the K that you do see with be the patrols from about 24.115 to 24.135.

Agreed, in the majestic areas that I drive its mostly falcon HRs and some other "windshield" mounted K-Band. As I mentioned I keep mine on highway all the time, sure you get some falses but typically those are from the chrysler mini-vans and jeep cherokees.

samq45

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Agreed, in the majestic areas that I drive its mostly falcon HRs and some other "windshield" mounted K-Band. As I mentioned I keep mine on highway all the time, sure you get some falses but typically those are from the chrysler mini-vans and jeep cherokees.

North of Albany on I-87 you might also see a sheriff doing traffic enforcement on the Highway - with K band.

Its not too common, but it does happen in some of those counties in the mountains. Especially as you get close to the border.

oldcelt

lurking in the tall grass
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
most of the K that you do see with be the patrols from about 24.115 to 24.135.
Town of Saugerties locals (Ulster Co) has Stalker Patrol antennas ranging from 24.080 - 24.182 now.

r3awak3n

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
This is all great information. What about laser? What is being used up here? I am in Saugerties and thinking about getting an R7 and considering maybe laser jammers in the future if necessary around here.

oldcelt

lurking in the tall grass
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
This is all great information. What about laser? What is being used up here? I am in Saugerties and thinking about getting an R7 and considering maybe laser jammers in the future if necessary around here.
LIDAR is virtually non existant on local roads, BUT.......................a semi regular threat on the Thruway/Northway. Last local hit I took from LIDAR was NYSP on Rte 28 (from the Woodstock Harley Davidson parking lot) and that was 4 - 5 years ago

r3awak3n

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
that is really good to know @oldcelt and I know exactly that harley davidson dealer on rt 28. Highway I am not too worried about it, waze usually does pretty good (even though past couple weeks has missed a couple of LEOs) but I usually don't go speed.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coach Ron