Travel Detector

RADAR VINCE

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I'm looking for a decent detector to travel with me in rental cars. What do you think guys think about the Uniden R1 or R3? I don't want to spend an arm and a leg but want good performance.

Brainstorm69

TXCTG - 2016 MOTY
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I think an R1 or R3 would make a very good travel detector. Small size. Excellent performance. I'd probably go with the R3 just because you can use its GPS capabilities (quiet ride, lockouts). But even an R1 would work, especially if you aren't going to the same places all the time where lockouts would be useful.

RoadDogg

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
@RADAR VINCE , I think the R1 or R3 would be a great travel detector for use in rental cars. I would lean towards the R3 for the GPS capabilities and red light/ speed camera database, but if you don’t think you need that, then the R1 would be great too.

knight_man

I wanna go fast
Intermediate User
Reaction score
My Pro M has become my travel detector- small for carry on luggage space, and installations, and very capable for just about any threat in just about any location.

Now the R1/R3, they are priced to compete with the grocery store detectors and still sitting near the top of the mound with regards to test results and user reports. On Amaz0n, right now, it looks like a new R3 is around the same price of the R1 (+$20), and almost half the cost of the Pro M- that is hard to ignore.

XDA

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
It looks like you run a Max in your personal car. It's a windshield mount, why not just use it? When I get a rental car I just take my Valentine with me in my carry on bag.
Now if you are just trying to use rental cars as an excuse to buy yourself another detector, I totally get it!

RADAR VINCE

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
It looks like you run a Max in your personal car. It's a windshield mount, why not just use it? When I get a rental car I just take my Valentine with me in my carry on bag.
Now if you are just trying to use rental cars as an excuse to buy yourself another detector, I totally get it!
Got me! Lol

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kidnapper49