Highway Radar, SABRE plugins, and battery optimizations

ferius

More arrows please
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
Several Android manufacturers have poorly implemented battery saving features in their firmware. They prefer battery life over proper functionality of apps, which may lead to some applications not being able to function properly. These optimizations often hit SABRE integration and/or Highway Radar background operations.

Several issues have already been reported for Samsung and Huawei phones.

In order to ensure that everything works properly, both Highway Radar and any SABRE plugins must be whitelisted from any battery optimizations. I found a great site, that gives a lot of information about non-standard battery-optimization tweaks for different manufacturers. Please check if your device is affected, and follow the instruction for whitelisting the applications.

The site is https://dontkillmyapp.com/

Also, a little note on battery life. Both Highway Radar, and all SABRE plugins I'm aware of are completely idle when not used. This means there is nothing to optimize there, as they have zero battery consumption regardless. Any "optimizations" when the application is actively used can only lead to breaking some of the features.

Last edited:

Maz3

Don't hate me just because I'm beautiful 🤣
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Does Google's recent announcement regarding Android Auto opening up even more apps provide any hope of HR being on the big screen?

That would allow for the phone to be tucked away per distracted driving laws, and could address the battery issues you've mentioned, as it's easier for the phone to be plugged in.

If possible, it may not be worth the effort of course.

ferius

More arrows please
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
Does Google's recent announcement regarding Android Auto opening up even more apps provide any hope of HR being on the big screen?

That would allow for the phone to be tucked away per distracted driving laws, and could address the battery issues you've mentioned, as it's easier for the phone to be plugged in.

If possible, it may not be worth the effort of course.
I think there is a good possibility for it.

winterbrew

Poliscan Hunter
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Several issues have already been reported for Samsung and Huawei phones.

Just thought I'd add the settings you need for Honor (Huawei) phones ;

winterbrew said:
Settings > Battery > Launch > Select WzSabre app > manage automatically (switch this off)

then turn on (now under manage manually) ;

Run in background - On
Autolaunch on startup - On
Secondary launch by other apps - On

Might vary slightly, depending on your version of the Huawei/Honor EMUI interface

Crunch

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Is there a hidden place for Highway Radar Sabre plugin's I just want to set up my phone

Bloovy One

"Today didn't have to end in eels"
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
It takes a handful of posts to gain access as I understand it. :)

jestric

Go Gators!
Premium Plus
Intermediate User
Reaction score
It says I do not have permissions to view the thread even though I'm registered to the forum. Is that a private thread?

I just takes the forum a little while to recognize your introductory post before your status changes from "Newly Registered" to "General User". Now that it has updated, you should be able to access this thread.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kidnapper49