Making Videos
Observer
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
If you run a RL360c, does your detector false to Mazda CX-5's?

I did a little testing earlier today and was surprised to find that the RL360c wasn't falsing to the CX-5. Every other detector I tested would false. Looking back through my video archive, I'm not seeing any clips of the RL360c falsing to them either.

So is it just me or are you guys seeing your detector handle the CX-5's too?

HZ360C

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Not on mine either. In fact, I had a CX5 rental for over a month, which happened during my transition from R7 to RL360c, it was falsing crazy with R7, none with RL360c at all.

YelloEye

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
So who's the yes vote? 😂

Dodgediesel

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Same here up in Alberta. Seen quite a few of them recently since I got my Redline 360c and not one set off any K band alerts.

Brainstorm69

TXCTG - 2016 MOTY
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Haven't noticed any, but I'm still not driving much. I have also noticed in the past that sometime my V1G2 will alert to a CX-5 and sometimes it won't. Mostly seems like won't. So wondering if it could be like that with the RL360c.

Last edited:

Rags

Tumbleweed
Advanced User
Reaction score

Sean

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I have 1.7. I have noticed that the RL 360c doesn't alert to most CX-5s. However, I am uncertain if it has, on occasion, alerted to some CX-5s, if that makes sense.

Doesn't this depend on the year of the CX-5 and also the options it has installed?

Vortex

Making Videos
Observer
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
I have 1.7. I have noticed that the RL 360c doesn't alert to most CX-5s. However, I am uncertain if it has, on occasion, alerted to some CX-5s, if that makes sense.

Doesn't this depend on the year of the CX-5 and also the options it has installed?
For sure. Manufacturers change components and suppliers over the years which is why some CX-5's will trigger falses on many detectors while others won't on any detector. So saying "CX-5" is a bit of a blanket statement that's admittedly a little too oversimplified and overgeneralized. Personally I'd love to know the specifics regarding exactly which model years, trims, etc. cause issues and which ones don't. :)

searay

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score

I did a little testing earlier today and was surprised to find that the RL360c wasn't falsing to the CX-5. Every other detector I tested would false. Looking back through my video archive, I'm not seeing any clips of the RL360c falsing to them either.

No BSM alerts on the CX-5 but many on the new Cadillac Escalades, some Hondas/Acura's and some Buicks.

Dodgediesel

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I did notice a Buick the other day as well but it's been super quiet recently as I have been driving more.

YelloEye

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
For reference, the one @Vortex tested against yesterday was a 2017 (2nd gen) CX5 Grand Touring with all the bells and whistles available in the US. Though it still has some blank buttons which is confusing.

cihkal

No substitute for [actual] intelligence 🇺🇸
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Edit: We'll go with the polls instead lol. Par for the course these days, effective tactics!

Last edited:

Revglent

The Rollin Reverend
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Beginner User
Reaction score

I watched the video of your testing,it was get informative and helpful.

glockman03

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score

I haven’t really paid attention much less seen a CX-5...I think. But I definitely will in the future.
Post automatically merged:

I haven’t really paid attention much less seen a CX-5...I think. But I definitely will in the future

Would K Notch help this issue? I ask because mine is on atm.

Brainstorm69

TXCTG - 2016 MOTY
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I haven’t really paid attention much less seen a CX-5...I think. But I definitely will in the future.
Post automatically merged:

Would K Notch help this issue? I ask because mine is on atm.
Nope. Wrong frequencies.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danimajado