Greetings from Chicago

UWISHU1

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Hello all, I've stumbled upon your forum and I've been lurking and researching my next RD.

I grew up in the fuzz buster era, my dad would rock in his cars. As I grew up I would get hand me down Cobra detectors. I would dream of one day owning a V1.

About a year ago I pulled the trigger and finally got one. I run it mirror mount / key on wired in my Mustang. I'm quite happy with it, the arrows are great, range is fantastic. Shit myself while going through an electronic toll booth and the Laser warning went off. From what i was told they do this often?

My last speeding ticket with my passport 8500 I was caught from the rear. My old Cobra detectors suffice for around town driving in my daily driver.

My dilema now is I picked up a CTS V and while i could probably swith detectors between cars. I'd rather have a permanent set up in the V.

After 2 weeks of researching I'm still no closer in deciding on a RD < $300
Radenso XP or Uniden R3?

From my reading XP has great customer service vs. Uniden

And Uniden quality isn't up to par?

Sorry for my winded intro, Thanks

Z06fan

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum @UWISHU1. Sweet ride! I was just reading more about the new V models this weekend. It looks like these will be the last gas powered V's. At least they're doing it right with a manual.

I'd probably recommend filling out the radar recommendation form and ask for recommendations through that. Here in the intro section, a lot of people may not see your question. Unfortunately, I haven't owned an R3 or XP so I don't have any experience with either to be able to provide you with a good recommendation.

RoadDogg

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
@UWISHU1 , Welcome to the Forum!! I don’t have any experience with the Radenso XP,but I do own a Uniden R3 among my radar detectors. I personally think the Uniden R3 is the “ best bang for the buck” GPS enabled high performance radar detector on the market. I personally would choose the R3 over the XP.

As @Z06fan mentioned, there is a radar recommendation form that likely would be helpful to fill out (General Radar Detector Discussion section) to get more input. Here is the link: https://www.rdforum.org/form/4/select

Good luck on your decision.

Last edited:

2018GTI

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Welcome, either Uniden is a great pick--arrows or not? Personally, I would go for an R7.

V3rtig0

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum!
I agree completely with @R4D4RUS3R and @2018GTI. R7 is a great choice. I bought mine from Amazon for $370 about two months ago. It was on sale for $360 just a week before that but I missed it. These sales on Amazon are frequent - just look for them. Good luck!

milkman

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum

UWISHU1

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome. I'll keep an eye out for the R7 if it goes on sale.

Attachments

• 20210327_184807.jpg
    20210327_184807.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20210323_045939_977.jpg
    IMG_20210323_045939_977.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 9

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members