Bluetooth Module on V1 Gen 2 Not working!!

HamSolo

HamSolo
Beginner User
Reaction score
The Bluetooth on my V1Gen2 all of a sudden stopped working, and I’m frustrated cause it’s no longer working alongside my v1 driver app.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do ?

NVR2FST

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
How do you know that your V1G2's b/t is not working?
Do you mean that is not visible to your phone's b/t?

westwind77

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
First thing to try is another device. Try another phone or tablet to see if it indeed the G2 or if there is something going on with your personal phone. That way you can confirm the issue is with the RD. Then call VR if that is the case.

wolfpacal

Advanced User
Reaction score
The Bluetooth on my V1Gen2 all of a sudden stopped working, and I’m frustrated cause it’s no longer working alongside my v1 driver app.

Isn't this the second significant issue with your V1G2? Quality control seems to be an ongoing problem with yours. If you're fedup with Valentine, you may want to consider an R7 or a RL360C.

Bloovy One

"Today didn't have to end in eels"
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
What was the first issue?

V1Jake

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Make sure to forget the V1 from your phone, restart both devices and try again. If no luck send it for repair

HamSolo

HamSolo
Beginner User
Reaction score
Isn't this the second significant issue with your V1G2? Quality control seems to be an ongoing problem with yours. If you're fedup with Valentine, you may want to consider an R7 or a RL360C.
Tbh the v1g2 has grown on me, and the only other detector I would consider is an rl360c. Besides Bluetooth it seems to be working ok, so idk what to do, considering that the 360c is sold out.
Post automatically merged:

Make sure to forget the V1 from your phone, restart both devices and try again. If no luck send it for repair
Thanks for the advice, but since it’s out of warranty I wonder how much they would charge me.

V1Jake

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Tbh the v1g2 has grown on me, and the only other detector I would consider is an rl360c. Besides Bluetooth it seems to be working ok, so idk what to do, considering that the 360c is sold out.

Thanks for the advice, but since it’s out of warranty I wonder how much they would charge me.

I'm sure they will take care of you

Bloovy One

"Today didn't have to end in eels"
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Do you have any other phone or tablet devices you can test with @HamSolo? Stuff like this happens on occasion.

A full off/on of the phone (not restart) some times can help these types of issues.

benzr

Been there done that !! Original V1 user !!
Advanced User
Reaction score

@HamSolo

Dude just order a $49 LE BT from Valentine and
ROLL !!! 😎😎

If it starts working again then use the extra BT
For stereo, squirrel's freq CD, or TMG auto on jbv1.

Benzr

WildOne

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score

They used to have a blanket $49 repair cost for out of warranty repairs. Probably it just couldn't be trashed or abused for this price.

I'd try another phone before I sent it back though.

HamSolo

HamSolo
Beginner User
Reaction score
@HamSolo

Dude just order a $49 LE BT from Valentine and
ROLL !!! 😎😎

If it starts working again then use the extra BT
For stereo, squirrel's freq CD, or TMG auto on jbv1.

Benzr
I really like the ones on eBay with the color OLED display.

To clarify, there's maybe nothing wrong, just that the phone has "lost track" of the V1.
I reset the app, and rebooted it. Started working again, but for how long, which is what I’m concerned about.

Yes, this made me remember the first step of modern software. Try uninstalling V1 Driver, reboot phone, then reinstall V1 Driver.
Thanks, as somehow I got it to work again, but my question is that as to how long this will last. But I will do what you suggest and hope that makes the radar behave as it was before with no hiccups.

They used to have a blanket $49 repair cost for out of warranty repairs. Probably it just couldn't be trashed or abused for this price.

I'd try another phone before I sent it back though.
Will do, thanks for the suggestion.

Do you have any other phone or tablet devices you can test with @HamSolo? Stuff like this happens on occasion.

A full off/on of the phone (not restart) some times can help these types of issues.
I have another iPhone that I’m going to use to see if this problem still persists. Thanks for the suggestion.

Last edited:

benzr

Been there done that !! Original V1 user !!
Advanced User
Reaction score

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danimajado