Hello to this Great Forum!

jgs1

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Hello everyone. As you can tell I am new to this Great Forum. I am a long time from late 70's Radar Detector user. I currently Own a Passport 9500 LXi, and the new V1 Gen2.

Joined in to Chat, and help if ever I can. I am very interested in buying and installing a new Laser Jammer so I will be reading and asking questions. For budget wise, I am considering the TMG a-15 to install on my 2015 Lexus GS350. I am located here in the Metro Atlanta Ga area and have been seeing more and more police Laser usage here, and read that in Ga they are using the DragonEye and Lidar alot here.

In the last few months I have been alerted 3 times by Laser on my Passport and V1 Gen2 and then saw the police right after. Fortunately I was abiding the speed limit at those times, as I know those alerts likely would not have helped me prevent if I needed them to. One of those alerts was by local police down in Athens Ga where my Daughter goes to College at UGA late one Sat night on the Highway. Sorry so long and with that,.............. that's my newly joined story and introduction.

Last edited:

DifferentialT

Learning to Fly
Premium Plus
Beginner User
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum @jgs1.

milkman

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum

Z06fan

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum @jgs1. I think GA has probably become the worst state on the East Coast for traffic enforcement. Lidar usage is wide spread, and as you already know, especially around the Atlanta area. A number of departments do use DE guns so I think most of us are going to tell you not to waste any money on a TMG system. If you're going to buy a system, you'd be much better-off buying an ALP system over time piece by piece as you have the budget for it. They're expensive, but are really going to be the only system that offers what you need in GA. Again, welcome!

Boozehound

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Welcome to RDF! Be sure you get the appropriate medicine for the dragon. It's that or get toasted!

jgs1

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Well I appreciate all the Welcome replies. Thank so much. Looking forward to spending some time here. Yes Ga is getting to be one of the worst Leo speed trap states.

I am up in the Northern part of Metro Atlanta in Gwinnett County. You would not believe what I have been seeing here in Gwinnett County. A few months ago a leo on a motorcycle had his bike up on the side walk behind a very old huge large tree with Radar intown.

Thanks for all the comments about the ALP as opposed to the TMG. I've been seeing about a 55% to 45% owner satisfaction split on the TMG (55% happy). May just have to start on piece by piece purchase of the of the ALP. I plan to call TMG this week to ask some questions anyway.

So I want to ask some questions here about Laser in Ga, as a Friend of mine just got a Ticket on Laser on a Sat night about 11pm on I-85. Leo said he was going 101mph! He swears up and down he saw his R7 alert Laser alert about 5 sec before He saw the 2 cops parked on the side. The other problem is he was traveling in the shoulder side far right lane, and had a 18 wheeler about 10 cars in front and one dead beside him on his left. Cop told him he got him prior to that point maybe 1/8 before cresting a hill. I went back with him the next day and with him directions shot a pic representing about what the situation looked like that night. I attached the Pic here. He told me at the point of the Pic he saw the Detector go off about 2 sec after this point, and saw the 2 cops about 4-5 secs after. With the Truck in front I could not see crap in front or to right where cops were sitting and for the life of me, I have no idea how in the world the leo would have any shot at his car behind that Truck????
IMG_3224.jpg
IMG_3225.jpg

Cop came after pulled him over, and He advised cop no way he was going 101mph with a truck in front for at least 5-10 mins. That's when Cop told him he got him back cresting hill before that in his Charger Hellcat. He asked the Cop if he could see that Laser read out and leo said he I didn't think the readout was still there. Cop told him he verbally stated speed in his car when he got the 101 readout, and was possibly on bodycam. I saw the Video of this from my friends phone encounter recording he shot in the car on the stop.

With that, where would be the best place to post this encounter and ask questions about Laser ticketing? Also is there any section to ask about good Attorneys in Metro Atlanta for tickets like this. I know I read not much he can contend with the Laser being used. Sorry for such a long post, and thanks again to everyone again!

Last edited:

Bocephus

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
There’s a help I got a ticket section on the forum. Also tagging someone that might help with finding someone @Disconnected I would definitely fight it since your buddy will get the super speeder designation.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joes761