One year with the V1G2

LouG

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I was on tenterhooks with 4.1018, and it was one reason I ordered another. But the 4.1019 upgrade came out, the power issue was fixed and I haven't had a single problem with either.
I suspect Gen 2 will prove as bulletproof as later Gen 1's were.

jdong

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I still have an early build V1G2 and haven’t had any issues with it. Overall I find it a really well mannered detector and big-L K band is very California friendly. Kudos too to them for reigning in laser filtering — after the software update I’m finding very few laser false alerts except from Mazdas in close range.

I agree though that the IO ramp up and K band ramp up needs some work still, and occasionally I still get some strange Ka falses without custom sweeps but overall it’s one of my favorite WS mounts.

BIGGER Dave

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Thanks for the one year review.

I have mine from March 2020 and have no power issues, no display issues, etc. I usually keep my volume at 7 and don't touch it unless the baby is in the car where I set it to 5
Similar experience...

I’ve also had mine since March 2020 and have had no power issues, no display issues, etc. I usually keep my volume at 7 and don't touch it unless the girlfriend is in the car where I set it to 5.

MASI

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
If you take a step back and look at the big picture, the G2 is an amazing detector, especially on KA. Is it perfect, no. But does it continue to impress overall.....yes.

Bottom line...
Unlike the "vaporware" and hype put out by a certain other company....its a real RD that you can acquire and use TODAY!

Kennyc56

Ford Lover-I/O hater!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I've owned my G2 since 03/20 as well. Time sure does fly by, doesn't it? Mine did have the power issue, but since they fixed it and had it back in my hands within just a few days, I'd hardly call it an issue! It's worked perfectly every minute since! The G2 is by far the most incredible detector I have ever run or tested! When you add JBV1, it's totally insane! The way it sniffs out all of Ka band can't even be explained because even though I'm looking right at it, I still can't believe the range and especially the off axis performance it has! Thanks to @Rags for showing that even though the G2 needs some help on K band Q/T and I/O, it still has great range on K band! I'm still looking forward for some better reaction against Decatur guns and when it gets that handled, look out! I'm getting ready to pick up my next V1G2 in the very near future, so I'll be putting my money where my mouth is!

Last edited:

Noddy

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I really like all I read about the Gen 2 and really wanted to buy one, and might still get one.
But it still does not seem ready for Europe. I'd love to hear of a big improvement in mrcd and gatso detection and identification. It seems able to detect redflex, but identification of the treat or even a frequency read out would help. I'm not one for using a phone along with a detector!

spinner55

Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Yes I do miss the old style knob setup. What I do like is how quite the Gen 2 is. When paired with JBV1 (imho) its the best current detector out there. (I know about it's limitations and missing coverage) Then I live out in the boonies - don't have red light camera's etc.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
downhiller2010