Any updates on supply chain

Status
Not open for further replies.

elantra04

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
My Lowe’s and HD around me have squat for plants. I’m in south texas. Looking for palm trees to replace the ones that died in the freeze is near impossible.

RaggedEdge

RDForum owner and Rdtalk.org Founder
Administrator
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
My Lowe’s and HD around me have squat for plants. I’m in south texas. Looking for palm trees to replace the ones that died in the freeze is near impossible.
We're being offered 40-50% above normal pricing to ship our stuff to Texas, but I just can't screw over my current customers for a one-time sale.

Lars36

Banned
Banned User
Reaction score
I’ll be in Hawaii in 3 weeks. No rental for me, it’s looking like a hotel staycation. LOL.
You must be going with some hot 🔥 chick. LOL
And please don't bring any Lava home.

STS-134

Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
The Texas freeze really put a hurt on the horticultural industry. That week in February is a huge week of production and millions of seedling and cuttings froze because FedEx and UPS could not deliver them. This just added to the already tight supply of plants because during Covid everyone decided to become a green thumb. I think supply in plants won't normalize for another 18-24 months and prices will be up 30% over that time span.
So...buy FLWS?
Here's my best quote so far (and this is only for half of my trip):
OGG Rental Car Quote.jpg

TommyT53

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
With the rental car situation it looks like a good time to taxi, Uber or Lyft.

WBDubya

Learning to Fly
Lifetime Premium
Beginner User
Reaction score
Agreed but I'd be curious if Uber and Lyft have jacked up their pricing as well. It will probably be a better option for me anyway, the hotel charges $45 per night for parking!

STS-134

Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Hey, at least it’s less than $100/day. Just not sure for what vehicle.
Some "intermediate sized car". Last time, I think I got a Ford Fusion Hybrid when I was on O'ahu. That car was memorable because when I went to the shrimp farms on the east shore, it was quite hot and rather than waiting outside, I waited in the car. Since the car was a hybrid, I could run the AC without wasting gas. I could run the AC continuously and it would start the engine maybe once every 10-15 minutes to recharge the battery.
Try to get to the north shore if you want to swim with the sea turtles, or really any beach besides Waikiki.
My favorite place to see sea turtles is here, at Pu'u Keka'a, in the cove, along between the beach to the south and the cove, and along the rock to the north of the cove. But that's on another island. Our condo has a view of that rock from the balcony and I use a picture of it as my phone wallpaper.

fishing66

Lord of the Pies
Premium Plus
Advanced User
Reaction score
Hmmn.....that web site could use some updating as it appears to have been written by the Department of Redundancy Department.

battle.jpg

And this is probably a Rorschach test, but I see a giant hippo made of rock in this photo
hippo.jpg

STS-134

Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Hmmn.....that web site could use some updating as it appears to have been written by the Department of Redundancy Department.

View attachment 179348

And this is probably a Rorschach test, but I see a giant hippo made of rock in this photo
View attachment 179349
Didn't even read the page, just looked for the link with the best photos. But I just realized that Google Maps has some decent photos of the area from Street View https://www.google.com/maps/@20.925...LvHqjmJYlgt5SyTV9zEjn!2e10!3e11!7i7776!8i3888

Evilalwayswins

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
We might be in for a long wait on theia.....I can wait....definitely buying one.

Boozehound

Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Alright I went back two pages and we're way off topic. Can we please get back to trolling Radenso? I'm not seeing any improvement in the supply chain of many things. Three month back-orders for decidedly low-tech items seem to be the normal.

Jon at Radenso

Manufacturer
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Manufacturer
Reaction score
If it was going to be 2023 we would just redesign it around a different FPGA to get it out sooner.....we wouldn't just sit on our ass for three years waiting.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ronjhoser