Any updates on supply chain

Lars36

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
This.

Great advice. There are several really great RD’s out there right now available for purchase. Buy one of those, and if Theia ever comes out, if it lives up to the marketing hype, and if the price is right for the buyer for the given improvements/feature set, then they can buy Theia then as an upgrade. In the meantime, they’ve got a new toy to play with- and something that keeps them safer in the here and now. That’s what I’m considering doing.

Now to figure out whether I go with the RL360C or the R7..,
Theia better be the best damn RD ever sold.
With all the hype it had better be the best damn RD, plus clean my house AND do my laundry!

SquirrelMaster

Likes Unicorns 🦄
ModSec
Administrator
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Theia better be the best damn RD ever sold.
With all the hype it had better be the best damn RD, plus clean my house AND do my laundry!
That's just being married. Except instead of detecting radar, you just get yelled at to slow down constantly.

DC Fluid

RDF Addicts Anonymous Member
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Now to figure out whether I go with the RL360C or the R7..,
Easy choice.
Buy the R7 at half the price of the RL360c, and saved that money towards a Theia fund.
You are now out less money if you decide to keep the R7 as a backup or sell it to recover the purchase.
Perhaps a tougher decision if you are picking the detector now with no Theia planned in your future

Jon at Radenso

Manufacturer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Manufacturer
Reaction score
Next predictions:

• Max 360C is out of stock for months and months, though there may be a backlog of inventory that has to be worked through before this happens
  • Max 360CI is also out of stock for months and months (this is happening now)
  • Those two products possibly EoL if they can't secure Spartan 6 FPGAs faster than the 52 week leadtime
  • The RC M is the only custom installed detector available to dealers for months and months
  • We are entering a period where there will be little to no R360C, Max 360C, R7, R3, or Pro M available to purchase, with the V1G2 likely having slightly better availability

Rags

Tumbleweed
Advanced User
Reaction score
Next predictions:

• Max 360C is out of stock for months and months, though there may be a backlog of inventory that has to be worked through before this happens
  • Those two products possibly EoL if they can't secure Spartan 6 FPGAs faster than the 52 week leadtime
  • The RC M is the only custom installed detector available to dealers for months and months
  • We are entering a period where there will be little to no R360C, Max 360C, R7, R3, or Pro M available to purchase, with the V1G2 likely having slightly better availability
Well, the good news is those products have all been out for a while so people have been able to purchase them and use them. What concerns me the most is what will happen to service when one experiences a problem.

Last edited:

DC Fluid

Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Next predictions:

And I congratulate myself for having the oracle like powers to buy and hoard all of these detectors recently.🤣 I win! :roflolmao:

Draneus

Premium Plus
General User
Reaction score
If you want to be the smart one and make quick cash with almost no risks, buy a lot of them and wait a couple of months :)

gwing

PSL +5
Premium Plus
Intermediate User
Reaction score
To add to the supply chain shortage woes, I heard yesterday that chlorine is now in short supply. i'm so glad that I don't own a pool anymore.

aim4squirrels

Currently edging... Coming soon!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
To add to the supply chain shortage woes, I heard yesterday that chlorine is now in short supply. i'm so glad that I don't own a pool anymore.
Chlorine is short. One of 3 big chemical plants in Louisiana that produces liquid chlorine had a major fire earlier this year and is down until 2022.

Liquid chlorine for pool use went up about $3 a gallon this year. It's been hard to find down here already and summer isn't even rolling yet. I scored 36 gallons just last weekend at Lowe's, I hope it lasts the summer.

searay

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Chlorine is short. One of 3 big chemical plants in Louisiana that produces liquid chlorine had a major fire earlier this year and is down until 2022.

Liquid chlorine for pool use went up about $3 a gallon this year. It's been hard to find down here already and summer isn't even rolling yet. I scored 36 gallons just last weekend at Lowe's, I hope it lasts the summer.
Time to switch to salt water!

aim4squirrels

Currently edging... Coming soon!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Time to switch to salt water!
Can't get those parts because of the freeze we had down here that broke so many pool parts.

I did considered it, especially with the additional cost of the chlorine to offset the parts changeover to deal with the salt.

wingman

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I'm new to this forum but want to add my $.002. Most of us are very excited about Theia and I'm sure agree it will be a game changer. Radenso would love to get Theia to market as fast as possible. Being transparent or not, they have not collected any deposits from potential customers. Yes, some of us including myself have delayed purchasing some of the newer products on the market in hopes of Theia being released soon but I think I can safely say, most of us currently have a radar detector, maybe not the latest and greatest but in time we will.
The reality is that we are waiting for something that should be a game changer being developed and manufactured from a company that has not collected any deposits from potential customers.

Disclaimer: I am not friends with, or have any ties to Radenso. I'm just an anxious potential customer!

poolmon

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Stellantis (Fiat, Chrysler,Jeep) supplier fails in a lawsuit to force additional chip deliveries:

Stellantis reports chip shortage worsening and will extend ito 2022.

Sean

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
This Covid thing really has thwacked Radenso :( That said, I am in a good place right now with my Redline 360c and R3, so can hang for quite a while before even wanting to replace the R3.

fishing66

Lord of the Pies
Premium Plus
Advanced User
Reaction score
Will Theia have arrows? Is there a Black Friday discount for Theia? Can we pair Theia with an 8-track cassette player? Will Theia work in a Hoonicorn? Can we power Theia with a Flintstone-style under-vehicle foot peddle system? I drive an AMC Pacer....will Theia detect radar from all sides of the aquarium?

DC Fluid

Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
This could impact my new car and motorcycle purchases happening very soon...

Visordown: Yamaha explains why chip shortage, Suez incident is affecting supply.

I found the CEO video enlightening and if Yamaha worldwide operations are being affected, (plus all the other manufacturers mentioned in the article) to the extent the CEO is apologizing and asking for patience, how are we to expect Radenso to have more economic might than many huge corporations experiencing grief too?

Last edited:

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coach Ron