Any updates on supply chain

larryg1do

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Anyone have any updates on if the supply chain is improving as that is what is holding up Theia - wondering if it is so bad based on recent headlines as even Samsung is having issues - this could easily delay Theia to 2022 - I am not asking for an update on Theia specifically just general electronic supplies - hopefully this thread can be kept open for an informative discussion.

And yes I am signed up for the Theia list so I know I will receive those specific updates.

rickrodney

Cops Lie
Beginner User
Reaction score
My source has been right on every single Radenso date line so far. He says May/June and I have no reason to doubt him.
I understand Radenso doesnt want to put themselves in another situation with a date they cannot meet, but my friend is pretty good with Intel and I am confident he will be right again. So, May/June expect to see some units shipping.. We've waited a year, what's another 8-10 weeks..

larryg1do

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
My source has been right on every single Radenso date line so far. He says May/June and I have no reason to doubt him.
I understand Radenso doesnt want to put themselves in another situation with a date they cannot meet, but my friend is pretty good with Intel and I am confident he will be right again. So, May/June expect to see some units shipping.. We've waited a year, what's another 8-10 weeks..
I agree - very willing to wait - just seems that if you are not Apple right now supply chain is the huge issue and I think even they have their hands full. Just wondering if the chip manufacturers are catching up at all.

Randy at Radenso

beyond radar.
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Manufacturer
Reaction score

Apparently your source must be a fortune teller because even we don’t even know when Theia will be released.

Robkar

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
On the supply chain, it's majorly impacted. My company is in line at a couple foundries and the timing is looking bleak! We are trying to hold our supplies to their commitments but that is not looking promising.

Tb12

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Supply chain for ICs is a disaster right now. We're seeing shortages on multiple components with lead times up to a year. We've had to redesign several boards on a project I'm running because of these shortages, and purchase safety stock on items that are rapidly disappearing from the market.

GM has shuttered the corvette c8 factory multiple times (it's not due to restart until late May!) For the same reason. Hell even Samsung is going to likely skip an entire year of Galaxy Note models because they can't get ICs.

so, cut Radenso some slack.

larryg1do

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Supply chain for ICs is a disaster right now. We're seeing shortages on multiple components with lead times up to a year. We've had to redesign several boards on a project I'm running because of these shortages, and purchase safety stock on items that are rapidly disappearing from the market.

GM has shuttered the corvette c8 factory multiple times (it's not due to restart until late May!) For the same reason. Hell even Samsung is going to likely skip an entire year of Galaxy Note models because they can't get ICs.

so, cut Radenso some slack.
No one here was criticizing Radenso - I simply asked about supply chain- thanks for the info. We understand that things are beyond their control. It is unfortunate but the reality right now.

LI2624

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Wonder if these shortages in IC will have an affect on pricing?

R4D4RUS3R

RADARUSER
Premium Plus
Advanced User
Reaction score
We clearly have a dependency outside the country that puts us in a poor position for electronics in the future. More and more items are in this position as time moves forward. Hope we dont see the day a dispute turns the well off completely. Very few things will be available if they do. Selfishly, I want to know the timing of the release to see if I can play with another detector while we wait. If I buy another then Theia is ready a few weeks later how do I explain that, ha. If I have 6 months, I can spread it out a bit more.

Deacon

TXCTG
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
If I buy another then Theia is ready a few weeks later how do I explain that, ha. If I have 6 months, I can spread it out a bit more.
I don’t think you’ll go from nothing to Theia at your doorstep in just a few weeks. We’ll have testing results, preorders, etc.

Boozehound

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
We clearly have a dependency outside the country that puts us in a poor position for electronics in the future. More and more items are in this position as time moves forward. Hope we dont see the day a dispute turns the well off completely. Very few things will be available if they do. Selfishly, I want to know the timing of the release to see if I can play with another detector while we wait. If I buy another then Theia is ready a few weeks later how do I explain that, ha. If I have 6 months, I can spread it out a bit more.
It isn't just electronics. Don't forget pharmaceuticals, among others. What could possibly go wrong? Oh wait, I guess we're kinda discussing one thing that went wrong. None of this inspires a sense of confidence and security. It's interesting how our country can still design incredible products but can't necessarily build them for itself. This isn't the can-do nation I grew up in.

Hopefully Radenso's supply chain will work out better than what we see for things like N95 masks.

rickrodney

Cops Lie
Beginner User
Reaction score
When someone in the industry is correct on 3 out of 3 Radenso dates he gets my respect and my attention. If he says May/June then its May/June and if he knows better than you Randy then thats a scary situation. Keep in mind I posted about this date back in Nov/Dec (?) so this isnt just a date created today to throw into the mix.

Whats great about the definitive date is that Radenso is now in a spot where if its ready in May/June they wont delay it just to prove my source wrong and if they do release it in that time frame then they will be questioned as to why they just didn't provide a timeline when a complete outsider could.

Again, if you make a release date by end of year 2020 and tell the public days before year end that you aren't going to make it in time, I think it isnt truthful to blame it on anything on anyone. You knew months earlier that it wouldn't be ready in time. Here we are 4 months later and it still isnt ready, so you should have just given everyone a heads up months before years end, not days.

Not looking to beat a dead horse, just wish you guys were a little more transparent with whats going on when you know there are hundreds of people interested and sitting on their hands and wallets waiting for your product.

Boozehound

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Well I had no idea! All we need to do is nail down Radenso's specific supply chain issues and get enough people recruited to browbeat them into transparency. Or like every other company they'll just give us the release date when they're ready and anyone whose life is drastically affected by this needs to work on that.

Randy at Radenso

beyond radar.
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Manufacturer
Reaction score
When someone in the industry is correct on 3 out of 3 Radenso dates he gets my respect and my attention. If he says May/June then its May/June and if he knows better than you Randy then thats a scary situation. Keep in mind I posted about this date back in Nov/Dec (?) so this isnt just a date created today to throw into the mix.

How are they correct when Theia isn’t released yet?

Whats great about the definitive date is that Radenso is now in a spot where if its ready in May/June they wont delay it just to prove my source wrong and if they do release it in that time frame then they will be questioned as to why they just didn't provide a timeline when a complete outsider could.

Again, we do not have a definitive date.

You knew months earlier that it wouldn't be ready in time. Here we are 4 months later and it still isnt ready, so you should have just given everyone a heads up months before years end, not days.

We didn’t know it wouldn’t be ready in time. So how can we give a heads up when we didn’t know?

Not looking to beat a dead horse, just wish you guys were a little more transparent with whats going on when you know there are hundreds of people interested and sitting on their hands and wallets waiting for your product.

You are beating a dead horse and we have been the most transparent manufacturer here. Nobody is forcing you to buy anything. It seems you are just here to start drama with a small business.

Last edited:

rickrodney

Cops Lie
Beginner User
Reaction score
"How are they correct when Theia isn’t released yet?"
Because he stated back in November that you wouldnt make the year end release date. He was correct.

"Again, we do not have a definitive date."
I understand that. My source has given a definitive release date of May/June. Let's see what happens.

"We didn’t know it wouldn’t be ready in time. So how can we give a heads up when we didn’t know?"
Do you know how ignorant that sounds? You stated publicly that Theia would be released by the end of 2020. Then just days before the year ends you state that due to supply chain issues you will not make the release date. Did you not know weeks and months earlier that you had supply chain issues? It is 4 months past the projected end of 2020 year end deadline and you still do not have a fully working prototype.. Are you seriously saying that in October and November you didnt know there was no possible way you would be having a WORKING PRODUCTION READY PRODUCT in 30 days? You dont have one now, how could you claim you had no idea it wouldnt be ready in time? That's just a ludicrous statement. And the fact that my source who is complete outsider was able to know makes this even more ridiculous.

" It seems you are just here to start drama with a small business."
I am here as a potential customer calling BS. You will notice that no one is starting drama with your current position of no updates and no projected delivery dates because you have learned that being vague covers your ass and I'm OK with that.
I am also telling this forum that you will have something to show/sell in May/June so, once again I am calling your bluff that you are aware/unaware of potential delivery dates. If my guy knew then you knew. If my guy is saying May/June then you also know its May/June.

Thats what I am saying.

Z06fan

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
A lot of medical companies/medical suppliers are diversifying their manufacturing sites. I was talking with a friend of mine yesterday that makes medical products (including a lot of PPE) and they're moving most of their manufacturing out of Asia and into South America.

There was a recent Gallop poll showing that most Americans now view China as our biggest threat and with bigger companies so worried about their image, it will be interesting to see how companies perceive that, how they react, or if competitors potentially use that against each other in the future. With the way global trade and manufacturing now works, unless all the components and parts take place within the US, it doesn't make a lot of sense to me. In the example I mention with my friend, what happens if the next outbreak or conflict takes place in South America? Again, it's going to be fascinating (for those of us that like this kind of stuff :)) to see if manufacturing shifts in the next ~5 years. Americans tend to have short memories and companies tend to only focus on cutting costs so we shall see.

Deacon

TXCTG
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
"How are they correct when Theia isn’t released yet?"
Because he stated back in November that you wouldnt make the year end release date. He was correct.
You find that kind of thing meaningful, hold it up as proven gospel? Then you’ve got lots of prescient gods here on the forum who bravely declared the same at no risk to themselves, equally deserving of your public worship. Or you can recognize that armchair prognosticators throwing darts at a board will eventually hit a bullseye, and vague claims of not releasing during a pandemic are easy and cheap.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joes761