Info Viofo A139 Three Channel Dash Cam Review (and Discount Code!)

thebravo

Security
ModSec
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
This is the new code: 08UIS6PA , it will be active after 2021-3-24 00:01 PDT

thebravo

Security
ModSec
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score

thebravo

Security
ModSec
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
If you want parking mode to work you need the three wire viofo hardwire kit. More specifically you need the hk3-c kit as it is a usb C connector as opposed to the normal hk3 hardwire kits for the 119/129 as those are usb mini...

Amazon shows it as out of stock at the moment:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08TW9BBGB/?tag=rdf0cd0c-20

But you can get it direct from Viofo if Amazon doesn't get more quickly.

jestric

Go Gators!
Premium Plus
Corgi Lovers
Intermediate User
Reaction score
If you want parking mode to work you need the three wire viofo hardwire kit. More specifically you need the hk3-c kit as it is a usb C connector as opposed to the normal hk3 hardwire kits for the 119/129 as those are usb mini...

Amazon shows it as out of stock at the moment:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08TW9BBGB/?tag=rdf0cd0c-20

But you can get it direct from Viofo if Amazon doesn't get more quickly.

Thank you very much for the links.

Regretfully, according to Viofo it takes 20 to 30 business days if you use the free shipping option or 8 to 12 business days if you pay $29.99 for the DHL shipping option (which may incur Customs Duties).

Hopefully, Amazon will get this back in stock before too long. :confused:

thebravo

Security
ModSec
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Thank you very much for the links.

Regretfully, according to Viofo it takes 20 to 30 business days if you use the free shipping option or 8 to 12 business days if you pay $29.99 for the DHL shipping option (which may incur Customs Duties).

Hopefully, Amazon will get this back in stock before too long.
I got one on Amazon back in early March, so hopefully they will be back soon. I also ordered one from viofo directly and it took about 20 days to get here.

jestric

Go Gators!
Premium Plus
Corgi Lovers
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Amazon just delivered my Viofo A139 3 CH Dash Cam. 😎

817B7984-ECC5-411C-B758-1FB836E30DC8.jpeg

My first “wow” moment was seeing how much thinner the camera cables are on the A139 compared to the A129 Pro Dual 4K Dash Cam. This system will be much easier to install when running the cables. 👍

E8B804CF-DFB1-4396-9CC1-05DE9B8574C8.jpeg

Last edited:

thebravo

Security
ModSec
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Amazon just delivered my Viofo A139 3 CH Dash Cam. 😎

View attachment 175666

My first “wow” moment was seeing how much thinner the camera cables are on the A139 compared to the A129 Pro Dual 4K Dash Cam. This system will be much easier to install when running the cables. 👍

View attachment 175667
Right??? I really love the rear and interior camera cables :)

Toyotask

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Thank you for giving a time. It was a great review. I am unstable between Viofo A129 Duo and A139. I think I will use my preference in that direction, whichever looks better in cable aesthetics.

Bloovy One

"Today didn't have to end in eels"
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
@thebravo, have you noticed any image vibration in mounting your camera to the plastic shroud above the mirror? I like that idea for both my car and my Wife's car.

thebravo

Security
ModSec
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
@thebravo, have you noticed any image vibration in mounting your camera to the plastic shroud above the mirror? I like that idea for both my car and my Wife's car.
Nothing on mine, it's really well attached to the window. I would just try to gently wiggle it on youes first and see if the housing moves at all. I did that specifically because here in FL the sun is super hot, and I didn't want the camera cooking in the sun all day. So putting it there it's in the shade and has a good view, is well hidden and the cable routing going along the mirror wiring through the housing was really clean.

Bloovy One

"Today didn't have to end in eels"
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
I've had mine off a few times and even added TESA tape to all of the contact points to eliminate squeaks that happen at temperature extremes. Mine has some "vent" slots right about where I want to stick the camera on so I might have to do a little modifying of the attachment surface.
I agree that the the cable routing might look neater in that spot. :)

jestric

Go Gators!
Premium Plus
Corgi Lovers
Intermediate User
Reaction score
The VIOFO HK3-C Acc Hardwire Kit, 13ft USB-C Hard Wire Kit for the A139 Dash Cam shows that it will be back in stock at Amazon on April 5, 2021. You can place your order now if you want one for your A139. :cool:

rmkilc

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I have 3 of these Viofo A139 3-channel dashcams with the HK3-C hardwire kits. One for each of my vehicles. They are great! Like everyone has mentioned, the small coax cables are really nice for installing. I did have a hardware failure with one of them after just one day of using it and I'm in the process of getting it replaced.

As for Parking Mode though, it is basically unusable due to the motion in the parking lot where I park at work from the neighboring Starbucks drive-through. Even on the lowest motion setting, I get constant continuous video filling up my SD card. I would like to see a Parking Motion Detection Off setting where it is only triggered by the G-sensor. I don't consider the other parking modes (low FPS and low bitrate) viable options for Parking Mode. And because of where I park, a good Parking Mode is very intriguing due to cars driving past mine all the time.

My firmware improvement wish list:
  • Parking Mode Auto Event Detection ability to set Parking Motion Detection to Off so it's only triggered by G-sensor
  • Ability to set a maximum bucket size (for example 40%) of the SD card for Parking Mode video files so it will only use up to 40% of the SD card and then start overwriting itself rather than having the ability to overwrite driving video files.
  • The Date Stamp, GPS Stamp, etc. text should be enlarged on the 1440P videos so it matches the 1080P videos by proportion rather than pixel size. If you watch on the same screen a 1440P video from the front camera and one from the interior or rear camera, the text sizes are vastly different.
  • Remove the massive lag with the Speed Stamp. When viewing a video in Dashcam Viewer, it shows the speed much closer to real-time so the data has to be there (not talking about refresh rate, only lag). You can watch the Speed Stamp on the video itself lag behind the speed in Dashcam Viewer by at least a few seconds.
  • Ability to geotag locations to disable Parking Mode. For example, home would be geotagged because I already have security cameras and it's the only place I park for longer than 8 hours so the low voltage is going to cut it off anyway eventually. There is no reason to be putting excessive wear on my battery and SD card using Parking Mode at home.
  • Automatic time zone updating based on location and automatic daylight savings time changeover. Nothing is worse than having Date Stamps embedded in a video that is incorrect.
By the way, where to mount the interior camera? I can't find a spot that gets a good view unless I go halfway down the windshield.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itfitz