Alerts suddenly stuck on right side of screen

ahl395

PSL?
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Any ideas?

Suddenly all my alerts are stuck on the right side of the screen. No changes were made that I know of. I've tried uninstalling, reverting to factory settings, etc.

Thanks in advance!

Screenshot_20210317-150555.png

johnboy00

Geaux Tigers!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
They're not stuck on the right side, they were moved there. So there's uncovered map ahead when the map is displayed.

ahl395

PSL?
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
They're not stuck on the right side, they were moved there. So there's uncovered map ahead when the map is displayed.
Oh okay, I don't use the map, is there an option to put it back the other way? Or should I just switch to the last version?

Thank you for the reply!

johnboy00

Geaux Tigers!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
Oh okay, I don't use the map, is there an option to put it back the other way? Or should I just switch to the last version?

Thank you for the reply!
There's no option to move it back to how it used to be.

Bloovy One

"Today didn't have to end in eels"
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
You have a slightly unique scenario there. The desire has often been to not obscure the map ahead with alert bars. This doesn't help you specifically since you don't use the map.

Are you interested in using the map?
If not, how well would using the phone in portrait mode work for you? (Personally, I prefer portrait mode with the map so that I have a 5+ mile view of alerts ahead of me)
If you aren't using the map, you could use the auto-dimming feature to keep the screen nearly dark unless there's an alert. :)

westwind77

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
That was a huge improvement! Love having the full map view now with alerts.

ahl395

PSL?
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
There's no option to move it back to how it used to be.

Okay, thank you for the info.

You have a slightly unique scenario there. The desire has often been to not obscure the map ahead with alert bars. This doesn't help you specifically since you don't use the map.

Are you interested in using the map?
If not, how well would using the phone in portrait mode work for you? (Personally, I prefer portrait mode with the map so that I have a 5+ mile view of alerts ahead of me)
If you aren't using the map, you could use the auto-dimming feature to keep the screen nearly dark unless there's an alert. :)

I tried the map feature, I just didnt really find the appeal personally. I just like it as a screen to show the RD alerts, I'll try it again though. Landscape works/looks better for where the phone is in the car.

Last edited:

ZaslonV1G2

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Mine are still spanning full screen, is there option to change it?

johnboy00

Geaux Tigers!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
Mine are still spanning full screen, is there option to change it?
No option for that. Smaller screens below a certain size remain at full width.

ahl395

PSL?
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
@johnboy00

Tried the map again and wow, definitely changed my mind. The heat map and waze integration is great, this app is pretty amazing. Lots of functionality, will be making a donation! Thanks for all your work.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coach Ron