Ditto... @Tony713HTX Suggest buy the G2, never look back (well, until miracle cure appears). I have a decent inventory of RD to use. By my choice and actual road performance of the G2, G2 gets lions share of drive time with me. Naked (no app driving), V1 Driver, JBV1 (road trips).Personally, if you have no protection now, I'd buy the V1G2. We still don't know for sure when Theia will be available. If you buy the V1G2 now, like you said, you can always sell it if you decide to get Theia later. V1G2s will most likely hold their value well, so you won't be losing too much money if you go this route.
I agree with the others in the thread. I’m currently using a V1G2 and it’s amazing. With no availability date on Theia, I wouldn’t risk driving around with no protection.I just sold my older v1 with the v1 connection. I am wondering should I buy the gen 2 or holdoff for theia? Or should i buy the v1 gen 2 use it, and sell it once theia comes out? Any advice is appreciated.
Strongly recommend you consider using with an App (V1 Driver for IOS or JBV1 for Android) and Waze.Thanks to everyone who chimed in. Im convinced to go with the v1 gen 2. Any suggestions with it? Im in tx near houston, i believe bluetooth is built in? And looks like its on backorder.
Entirely depends on what experience you are looking for and what your area threats are. Some here would legitimately rather jump off of a bridge to an inevitable end than ever think about using something not made by Valentine. Others here will sooner exchange their keys for a bus pass before they trade their Uniden for another detector. The brand loyalty between these two is particularly fierce.What about the Uniden R7? I'm wondering how well it will hold its value? I'm the type to hold on to a radar detector near forever, so I'm looking for long term. Does anyone think the Uniden R7 is still the best radar detector out there, or the V1 Gen2 with JBv1 (I have a iphone so not sure whats the equivalent to that with gps lockouts)?