Help needed with ALP install

HankLloydRight

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Ok folks, some updates.

I was able to swap out the bad rear sensor without many issues, but it seems like the new sensor (on the left) when testing the "parking" function starts detecting my hand at about 18" away from the sensor, but the old sensor (on the right) starts detecting my hand at less than 12". I'm assuming this is an old-vs-new sensor issue and hopefully won't affect LIDAR detection.

Second, I was able to remove the RX sensor from the front grill without removing the whole bumper (which I was expecting to do today), so that was a relief. But please see the photos below. I installed the new TX sensor in the same place the RX sensor was installed, but as you can see, there's a lot of open space above and to the right of the TX sensor from where the larger RX sensor was installed. Right now I have the TX sensor mounted to the plastic grill with some 3M VHB tape on the bottom. It's fairly secure and level. But does anyone have any suggestions on what I can use to "fill the gaps" above the sensor to hold it in place a little better?

Finally, see the last photo of the full front bumper/grill for the RX-TX-RX install. I noticed that the two RX sensors are in the same configuration (i.e. the "bulbs" are both to the left, instead of opposite facing in or out). Will this cause a big problem with LIDAR detection? You'll also see the NR-DSP on the top right and the GPS antenna on the top left.

Thanks.

1617833799541.png

1617833830570.png

1617833881045.png

Flonase

Course X
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Intermediate User
Reaction score
But does anyone have any suggestions on what I can use to "fill the gaps" above the sensor to hold it in place a little better?
I *was* pretty certain that there was a 3D part out there somewhere that’s sized like an RX head, but with a cutout that fits a TX head - but now I can’t for the life of me find it. If nobody else can locate it either, let me know and I should be able to put something together fairly quickly - I have all of the relevant dimensions already...

Last edited:

HankLloydRight

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
That would be great, thanks!
I have a friend with a 3D printer who loves this kind of stuff. I could send him the bad sensor and the dimensions of the TX sensor and he'd be happy to print one out, if we can't find something already done. Awesome idea, thanks again.
Post automatically merged:

I think this might be it:

Last edited:

Flonase

Course X
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Intermediate User
Reaction score
That would be great, thanks!
I have a friend with a 3D printer who loves this kind of stuff. I could send him the bad sensor and the dimensions of the TX sensor and he'd be happy to print one out, if we can't find something already done. Awesome idea, thanks again.
Post automatically merged:

I think this might be it:
Great find - I think that’s it!

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kidnapper49