You have a Mazda CX-5 and an R7? What settings work?

YelloEye

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
So today I ended up dropping to 60/60, which thus far seems like a winner, 70% K 60% rear was falsing to traffic next to me occasionally. With 60/60 parked in traffic I got no falses until I was backing into my garage. But will be continuing to monitor and provide feedback here.

DC Fluid

RDF Addicts Anonymous Member
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
So today I ended up dropping to 60/60, which thus far seems like a winner, 70% K 60% rear was falsing to traffic next to me occasionally. With 60/60 parked in traffic I got no falses until I was backing into my garage. But will be continuing to monitor and provide feedback here.
That's some good work and very specific recommendations!
Thank you.
TSF, MRCD on?

YelloEye

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
That's some good work and very specific recommendations!
Thank you.
TSF, MRCD on?
Presently:
FW: 135
K: 60%
Rear: 60%
K POP: off
TSF, MRCD, and K Filter: ON
K Block 1&2: Weak

May try 50/70 to see if it nets me the same result but with better KA Rear detection once I'm satisfied 60/60 is good.

YelloEye

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Presently:
FW: 135
K: 60%
Rear: 60%
K POP: off
TSF, MRCD, and K Filter: ON
K Block 1&2: Weak

May try 50/70 to see if it nets me the same result but with better KA Rear detection once I'm satisfied 60/60 is good.
Ran on these settings on a short drive yesterday and the detector was completely silent, to include my garage with the garage door open. The only thing I didn't explicitly test was driving next to other vehicles. Though when I parked, the detector was silent despite having cars on both sides of the parking stall I was in. I know this is anecdotal, but I'm pretty happy with 60/60. Likely taking a longer drive this weekend to confirm and then play with 50/70, hopefully with some traffic around.

DC Fluid

Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Ran on these settings on a short drive yesterday and the detector was completely silent, to include my garage with the garage door open. The only thing I didn't explicitly test was driving next to other vehicles. Though when I parked, the detector was silent despite having cars on both sides of the parking stall I was in. I know this is anecdotal, but I'm pretty happy with 60/60. Likely taking a longer drive this weekend to confirm and then play with 50/70, hopefully with some traffic around.
Thanks for your help in producing this information for all here!

Maz3

Don't hate me just because I'm beautiful 🤣
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Uniden R7 Fw 1.35 K band unusable in my CX-5! 😤

TSR, MRCD, K1/K2 block on. K 40%, rear 30% still getting 4 to 5 bars from the rear almost continuously!

Large parts of my route is now auto-lockouted to my BSM at 24,123/4. Rear mute just mutes the rear alerts, still shows it on the display.

Last edited:

SixPackABS

Advanced User
Reaction score
Not being able to find a good source for the topic, I will start this off with what I remember from someone talking his way through set-up in his CX-5.
This is becoming more relevant as Car and Driver magazine just listed CX-5 as one of it's Ten Best list.

Firmware 135.
I believe a good place to start, and reduce by 10% as needed until quiet:
K Narrow
Advanced K 50-70% start at 70 and lower by ten until happy.
Rear horn sensitivity 60%.(lower by 10 if required but remember Ka is affected too)
Rear K Mute only if necessary
K Filter On
TSF On
MRCD On as last resort or for other Mazdas
Quiet Ride 30 mph
Quiet Ride 1 beep: 1 or off
K Block 1 & 2 weak
Post automatically merged:

Car and Driver: 10Best Cars and Trucks for 2021.

These settings work great from the last firmware but not on this latest firmware. That is what I was using with my CX5 2017 before and worked great.

K Narrow
Advanced K 70
Rear horn sensitivity 60%
K Filter off
TSF off
MRCD On
Quiet Ride 30 mph
K Block On

With the new firmware setting the rear horn at 60% is not enough to suppress on board BSM. Rear horn is just too sensitive as shown by poor arrow transition even with mildly suppressing it

Last edited:

DC Fluid

Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Uniden R7 Fw 1.35 K band unusable in my CX-5! 😤

TSR, MRCD, K1/K2 block on. K 40%, rear 30% still getting 4 to 5 bars from the rear almost continuously!

Large parts of my route is now auto-lockouted to my BSM at 24,123/4. Rear mute just mutes the rear alerts, still shows it on the display.
@Maz3 say it ain't so!

1) Try firmware 133 and see if it works then. As per post above.
2) If that doesn't work, and you still want a better filtering firmware, @Mithheru has an International R7 137 firmware with K Block at 24.123/124 that will fix you up. I find it as good as 135 for BSM and has some other cool features.
For now K Mute Rear and city mode?

I also have sticky heat reflective aluminum foil that you could cover rear horn with for a while until this gets figured out.
Or turn K off, but even the city areas there have some K right?

I think Mazda CX-5 owners with uncontrollable BSM should seriously consider this for full R7 performance. Currently it does block completely the areas of K Block, but things change with updates. Read on and see if it interests you.

@SixPackABS @Maz3 what year and trim level CX-5 do you have, if it's the same then perhaps we can post an FYI and also help people filling out RD advice request forms.

Last edited:

YelloEye

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Did a quick search, there are 11 revisions of the BSM unit for 2017-2020 CX5 across all trims. Meaning 10 potential changes between units. Good news, they're unique to the CX-5 chassis. Whenever I get around to running my trailer wiring out of the hatch, I'll poke around to see if I can identify which unit is in mine, suspect they're mounted right above the splash guard behind the bumper.

No listing yet for 2021 parts, but they've discontinued that particular radar transmitter part number, so they're likely coming out with a new unit all together.
20210403_080123.jpg Screenshot_20210403-075319_Chrome.jpg

Curious if adding metallic tint to the rear side windows would help.

DC Fluid

Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
@Maz3 sending you a PM.

SixPackABS

Advanced User
Reaction score
@DC Fluid
I had a Mazda CX5 Grand Touring 2017 V8

StickBit

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
MRCD trick seems to work for me against Mazda, but that adds a lot of MRCD falses that aren't Mazda related. In my area it seems I get more MRCD than CX-5 falses, so I left MRCD off.

SixPackABS

Advanced User
Reaction score

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kidnapper49