Uniden R7 now $389 on Amazon. Buy buy buy!

Maz3

Don't hate me just because I'm beautiful 🤣
Intermediate User
Reaction score
So , with the problems of people not receiving the actual detector and getting hair ties instead, do you think its worth ordering one? Or just avoid the hassle altogether
The hair ties are an insignificant amount compared to the successful shipments, that I would argue it's a curiosity only.

Smason

What is a PSL?
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Mine came from Kent, WA amazon facility. No hair ties. If I had to guess, it was distribution center specific.

ChuckD

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Ok Ty guys.. I currently have an R3, but the price is so good i might just buy the R7. Eventually i will get the Theia whenever that is released
Post automatically merged:

Personally I would only get one that was at least shipped by Amazon though (ie. not shipped and sold by one of the other vendors) unless they had a very good reputation.
I try to always buy from amazon myself.. Thats what im going to do in this case

Last edited:

NorEaster18

Maximum Efficiency
Advanced User
Reaction score
Ok Ty guys.. I currently have an R3, but the price is so good i might just buy the R7. Eventually i will get the Theia whenever that is released

@ChuckD worth noting that we are in the same area and I got a hair tie two weeks ago. I would certainly hope that things are fixed by now, and I don't want to scare you because I love my R7! But it's worth noting since we are so close.

ChuckD

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
@ChuckD worth noting that we are in the same area and I got a hair tie two weeks ago. I would certainly hope that things are fixed by now, and I don't want to scare you because I love my R7! But it's worth noting since we are so close.
TY Noreaster.. Im gonna wait now.. price just jumped back up a 1/2 hour ago.. lol.. Ill keep an eye on it.. It was just $375, now its $426, was 425, 5 minutes ago

DocTJ

PSL + X= 100
Premium Plus
Advanced User
Reaction score

AF9780DC-8863-47DB-8DA2-3AB54124E9CB.jpeg

Yes lol
Just buy. It’s ok.

NorEaster18

Maximum Efficiency
Advanced User
Reaction score
TY Noreaster.. Im gonna wait now.. price just jumped back up a 1/2 hour ago.. lol.. Ill keep an eye on it.. It was just $375, now its $426, was 425, 5 minutes ago
Some people have said that Best Buy price matches. I purchased one at full price from Best Buy literally a week before the crazy sales. It can be worth asking if they will price match. If they don't and want full price, I highly recommend purchasing from BRD. You can rest assured he will take care of you.

Honestly, I think the R7 now is worth the full asking price. The discount is just a bonus. Obviously YMMV and I won't try to make financial decisions for you. But if you want one and aren't scared by the lack of discount, I definitely feel that you will be pleased with it around here.

AMGTQ

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I just received my R7 yesterday. Took almost 2 weeks to arrive. I read about the hair ties, crazy! I'm thinking it can't still be happening, certainly won't happen to me!
When delivery was delayed I figured they caught it and must be replacing it with the correct item. So I get this, see photo.
Thanks to the great info here I didn't have a melt down, called the 800# someone had kindly provided in a previous post. Amazon did not question me, arranged to send another immediately, applied a $25 credit and a nice apology email. The rep did have a possible explanation, maybe the items were somehow mislabeled numerically at the warehouse???
Thanks to all who provided such great info, I would have not handled it nearly as well otherwise.

Attachments

• 20210327_235700.jpg
    20210327_235700.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 40

Maz3

Don't hate me just because I'm beautiful 🤣
Intermediate User
Reaction score
You'd think by now some sort of error algorithm world have fired off to ID the problem.

Do you know which Amazon facility it shipped from? It would be interesting to see if there's a correlation

My R7 came from Kenosha, Wisconsin, shipped to BC.

AMGTQ

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
You'd think by now some sort of error algorithm world have fired off to ID the problem.

Do you know which Amazon facility it shipped from? It would be interesting to see if there's a correlation

My R7 came from Kenosha, Wisconsin, shipped to BC.
Yes, you would. Mine came from Vegas.

rwsmith123

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
The price has been pretty stable the last few days, the vendor that was driving the price down isn't in the list of other sellers.

Got me wondering if this could be a thing:
3rd party seller finds an item that Amazon doesn't want to be undersold on
3rd party seller offers up said item for a fantastic price
Maybe 3rd party has shell accounts to buy the product from 3rd party to jumpstart Amazon into dropping the price to within a dollar of them.
3rd party buys up the now very cheap units from Amazon
Shell accounts cancel orders from 3rd party
3rd party stops selling said item on Amazon so prices go back up
3rd party now sells cheap items acquired on Ebay and other places for a nice profit.

rwsmith123

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Amazon warehouse has a used - like new for $365, won’t last long...

Boozehound

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
PM me for a Vortex inspired hairtie, just $208. This obviously won't last so for just $49.99 I'll throw in a 5-year extended warranty. Cash in advance, act now and receive your bonus gift!

08Z51C6

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Amazon warehouse has a used - good condition for $338...
I wonder if someone at the forum snatched up that deal?
I saw your message and then shortly after that check the Amazon price and that price was gone and it was back up to $435 or something close to that.

$429 Amazon renewed.
$460 new
As of 2:10 AM Saturday morning.
🚫🚓😳🚔🚨
😁🍺🏎️🏎️

Last edited:

08Z51C6

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Screenshot_20210404-193050901 (1).jpg

As of Easter Sunday at 7:34 p.m. CST!

$360.80 !!😳👍👍
🚫🚓

Allez

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Just received an e-mail requesting their R7 that I initially ordered 3 weeks ago (aka the hairband) to be returned. This after speaking with Amazon and them saying it did not have to be returned. Luckily the package is still sealed. Sigh.

Last edited:

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kidnapper49