Uniden R7 now $389 on Amazon. Buy buy buy!

WildOne

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I'm in the Baltimore area, and got a hair tie the first go around. Second time got the R7.
Thanks for the encouragement! ;)
How hard a time did you have getting the real R7 the second time?

Allez

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Thanks for the encouragement! ;)
How hard a time did you have getting the real R7 the second time?
It wasn't too bad. I called Amazon 1-888-280-4331 and told the rep what happened. At first she wanted me to return the package (with the hair band), but I told her it would be difficult to send it back so she checked with someone who gave her the OK to skip that part. So, they just shipped out a replacement, which took 2-3 days to arrive. I've checked my credit card account to make sure I didn't get charged twice and to make sure there wasn't going to be an issue with me not sending the hair band back.

Incidentally, since I knew this problem was occurring when I got delivery and saw it obviously was not and R7 I did not open the package in case they were going to question if I switched things. Others have said it didn't become an issue, but there was at least one person on this board that was given a hard time when he called.

Good luck!

keyser

thgir peek ciffart rewolS
General User
Reaction score
Have them send a pickup tag for the hair ties if they’re adamant. Why is this a thing with them?
I was going to get a couple for the kids, but didn’t because of this bs. Price match with Best Buy easy IF 2 in stock.

Disco47

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Ive never gotten the wrong item from Amazon. Although I have had missing items or damaged items a few times. They've always corrected whatever issues I've had.

For those who got hair ties, just let them know that it's a pain to send it back. They aren't going to insist too much.

djangel

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
... At first she wanted me to return the package (with the hair band), but I told her it would be difficult to send it back so she checked with someone who gave her the OK to skip that part...
Be careful here, since Amazon told me the same thing, but a few weeks later I received a notification that they still have not received the R7 (hair tie) and they will charge me the full amount. I had to call and explain the whole situation again and wait for the foreign rep to check with someone to approve and "fix" the issue. I still didn't feel comfortable with their answers, so I asked to get transferred to a US rep, which was able to give me a better peace of mind about it. Guess I'll find out on Mar 29th if they actually fixed the problem, since that is the date I'm supposed to get charged again. 🤞

Allez

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Be careful here, since Amazon told me the same thing, but a few weeks later I received a notification that they still have not received the R7 (hair tie) and they will charge me the full amount. I had to call and explain the whole situation again and wait for the foreign rep to check with someone to approve and "fix" the issue. I still didn't feel comfortable with their answers, so I asked to get transferred to a US rep, which was able to give me a better peace of mind about it. Guess I'll find out on Mar 29th if they actually fixed the problem, since that is the date I'm supposed to get charged again. 🤞
Absolutely, still have the sealed hair band package and will be checking my credit card account periodically. Thanks.

yellowtibby

Shifter ZR4's number one fan.
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I'm in the Baltimore area, and got a hair tie the first go around. Second time got the R7.
I also live in the Baltimore area and my package was also supposed to come in two days. However when the package was 3 stops from my house because I was tracking it on the Amazon app they suddenly said that something wrong happened and the delivery man drove back to the distribution center. I am suspecting that it was because it was hairties. They then offered to issue a refund or send out a new R7 which they did the 2nd time around.

Allez

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I also live in the Baltimore area and my package was also supposed to come in two days. However when the package was 3 stops from my house because I was tracking it on the Amazon app they suddenly said that something wrong happened and the delivery man drove back to the distribution center. I am suspecting that it was because it was hairties. They then offered to issue a refund or send out a new R7 which they did the 2nd time around.
That's good you didn't have to call and explain anything. Hopefully eventually Amazon will figure out what's going on.

keyser

thgir peek ciffart rewolS
General User
Reaction score
$376.82 0950 CDT

rwsmith123

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
$365.77 now, but 499.99 for the one shipped and sold by amazon

Last edited:

Vortex

Making Videos
Observer
VIP
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score

OBeerWANKenobi

This is not the car you're looking for......
ModSec
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads