Hello, from NC

1KWIKBMR

Learning to Drive
Premium Plus
General User
Reaction score
I've been registered for some time, I guess I've just been lurking until now.

From the Charlotte area of NC, I drive a 2014 BMW 335i equipped with an R7 and front and rear ALP system.

Looking forward to the Radenso Theia and am currently trying to figure out the Sabre pligin for Highway Radar.

MurrayB

PSL +5
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Hi and welcome!

jestric

Go Gators!
Premium Plus
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Hello @1KWIKBMR - Welcome aboard RDF and congratulations on your R7 and ALP setup! That’s a great CM setup which should serve you very well.

We have a number of members who live in NC and they’re always saying how good the NCHP troopers are with I/O radar. Be careful out there. 👍 😎

1KWIKBMR

Learning to Drive
Premium Plus
General User
Reaction score
Hello @1KWIKBMR - Welcome aboard RDF and congratulations on your R7 and ALP setup! That’s a great CM setup which should serve you very well.

We have a number of members who live in NC and they’re always saying how good the NCHP troopers are with I/O radar. Be careful out there. 👍 😎
Thanks @jestric!

I've been targeted, and hit, several times with I/O, the last few times have been on the 74 toll road around Monroe. Fortunately each time they've been travelling in the opposite direction, and I've been able to make myself small by the time they could get to an exit and turn around.

Z06fan

Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum @1KWIKBMR. I'm also in the Charlotte area in the Weddington/Matthews area. We all have a great deal of respect for the NC Troopers. They're very selective and very good with I/O. I had a similar experience about a month ago on Highway 74 West somewhere after Gastonia. Luckily, the safety wiring in the middle of the highway prohibited him from getting to me. Gotta love those safety wires :).

We have another new member (@WindyRoad) in North Charlotte looking for a good shop to do his ALP install. Any good recommendations?

1KWIKBMR

Learning to Drive
Premium Plus
General User
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum @1KWIKBMR. I'm also in the Charlotte area in the Weddington/Matthews area. We all have a great deal of respect for the NC Troopers. They're very selective and very good with I/O. I had a similar experience about a month ago on Highway 74 West somewhere after Gastonia. Luckily, the safety wiring in the middle of the highway prohibited him from getting to me. Gotta love those safety wires :).

We have another new member (@WindyRoad) in North Charlotte looking for a good shop to do his ALP install. Any good recommendations?
Yeah I replied to his thread but it may be awaiting moderator approval. I don't recommend Tint Shop, even for tint. Freeman's never answered the phone when I called. I drove to Cartunes in ATL, and would advise anyone to do the same.

Front and rear for my car was about a 6 hour install.

Z06fan

Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Yeah I replied to his thread but it may be awaiting moderator approval. I don't recommend Tint Shop, even for tint. Freeman's never answered the phone when I called. I drove to Cartunes in ATL, and would advise anyone to do the same.

That makes two of us. They've installed two systems for me. Nick @ CarTunes used to be pretty active on here but I haven't seen him for a few years. They do a lot of installs and know what they're doing. Monster Customs is another shop in the Atlanta area that does a lot of installs. My impression of Freeman's was that they didn't know what I was talking about when I asked about jammer installs. It's too expensive to have a hack job done.

cfdrift34

PSL +5.... ish
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I've been registered for some time, I guess I've just been lurking until now.

From the Charlotte area of NC, I drive a 2014 BMW 335i equipped with an R7 and front and rear ALP system.

Looking forward to the Radenso Theia and am currently trying to figure out the Sabre pligin for Highway Radar.
Welcome! I'm also in the Charlotte area. '15 Scion xB with dark tint

RoadDogg

Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
@1KWIKBMR , Welcome to the Forum from Tennessee!!

WindyRoad

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
That makes two of us. They've installed two systems for me. Nick @ CarTunes used to be pretty active on here but I haven't seen him for a few years. They do a lot of installs and know what they're doing. Monster Customs is another shop in the Atlanta area that does a lot of installs. My impression of Freeman's was that they didn't know what I was talking about when I asked about jammer installs. It's too expensive to have a hack job done.

Yeah, CarTunes of Atlanta really seems like the no-compromises place to go. Though you guys are saying laser isn't as common in NC as I first thought so I'm not really in a huge hurry anymore. 1KWIKBMR, how many/what kind of heads did you get and if you don't mind me asking what was the ballpark labor cost at CarTunes?

1KWIKBMR

Learning to Drive
Premium Plus
General User
Reaction score
Yeah, CarTunes of Atlanta really seems like the no-compromises place to go. Though you guys are saying laser isn't as common in NC as I first thought so I'm not really in a huge hurry anymore. 1KWIKBMR, how many/what kind of heads did you get and if you don't mind me asking what was the ballpark labor cost at CarTunes?
I have the full setup of two Rx heads and a TX head front and rear. Total cost installed was around $3,300. If I were younger and skinnier I'd have installed it myself, but I can't contort to get into the engine bays, trunks, and footwells like I used to be able to. (Ustacould 🤣)

milkman

Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum

WindyRoad

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I have the full setup of two Rx heads and a TX head front and rear. Total cost installed was around $3,300. If I were younger and skinnier I'd have installed it myself, but I can't contort to get into the engine bays, trunks, and footwells like I used to be able to. (Ustacould 🤣)
That's about what I was expecting. Not too bad on top of the price on their website.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
downhiller2010