Issues crashing on fire tablet

MassGTI

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Hey everybody! Just wanted to reach out and see if anybody's got solutions for this. I downloaded hhwy radar to my fire tablet. It'll open up the start page with the checks for sabre, location access, etc but as soon as I hit start the app crashes. Anybody have any tips? Or experience on a fire tablet? Thanks!

DifferentialT

Learning to Fly
Premium Plus
Beginner User
Reaction score
Which Fire tablet are you running and how much memory? Amazon fire tablets do not allow running third party apps. You can disable that to run Android apps. Search for: "How to side load apps on your Fire tablet."

MassGTI

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I've already enabled third party apps, its downloaded and installed. I have play store as well.
Its a Fire Tablet HD 10.

jcp

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
The 2019 Fire Tablet doesn't contain GPS module. Maybe this could be a cause?

DifferentialT

Learning to Fly
Premium Plus
Beginner User
Reaction score
I've already enabled third party apps, its downloaded and installed. I have play store as well.
Its a Fire Tablet HD 10.
Ok, that's about all the help I can offer. I have a current version Fire 8 HD and I only use it for e-books.

ferius

More arrows please
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
Just checked the crash logs. There is a bunch of crashes during the last day from Fire tablers due to no GPS on the device. Highway Radar does require GPS to work, so, unfortunately, it can't work on that model.

Reactions: jcp

MassGTI

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Something interesting. I went in and manually allowed it access to memory, and it loaded up. Realizing it doesn’t have GPS, it probably won’t be accurate in location but the tablet can also get it though WiFi. I’m going to attempt to run it through a hotspot on my phone. If it’s accurate within a few hundred feet it’ll work, it seems to be right on me but that’s at my home WiFi network. Guess we’ll see how this goes. Not expecting much, guess I’ll have to wait for the IOS version or buy a cheap phone.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kidnapper49