New guy

mikelonghair

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Hi all, Michael 34 Auckland Uniden R7
Love my R7 NZ version but been awnting the gps lockuots for ages!!!
Now i see there a International version that works in NZ and has lockouts.

where can i get that from and hows everyone after yet another (Auckland) lockdown, for me glad to be going to work again

milkman

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
welcome to the forum

2018GTI

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Welcome, great choice with the R7!

Mithheru

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Welcome on board.

Until Uniden NZ officially release a new firmware update, and/or a means of converting onto the international platform, you're going to be stuck with the R7 NZ firmware version. I can update the R7 NZ gps database to my 2.24 version, but that won't give you the same gps features as the R7 International.

Perhaps I should also clarify, the R7 137 international version doesn't have Auto-lockouts like the latest R7 US 135. However, as can be demonstrated here, it doesn't need them. K band sensitivity and alerting is improved on 137 without needing auto-lock outs:

Auto-lock outs really only work for people who drive locally, as it takes a minimum of 24 hours before the lock outs actually become active. Anyone driving long distances, and/or who doesn't like K falses is not going to find the US 135 implementation of K muting really works for them. In the US, people seem tolerant of much more K falsing. Therefore segmentation like the R7 NZ and as perfected on the R7 International (fully user definable) is really the way to go in countries where only a small part of K band is actually used for enforcement purposes.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kidnapper49