JBV1 and switching phones

wolfpacal

Advanced User
Reaction score
Hi all, any idea on how I can simply transfer all my settings for JBV1, from my current phone, to my new phone, which is coming next week.
Don't want to have to manually re-enter all my settings. That could take a while. Any help is appreciated.

johnboy00

Geaux Tigers!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
Hi all, any idea on how I can simply transfer all my settings for JBV1, from my current phone, to my new phone, which is coming next week.
Don't want to have to manually re-enter all my settings. That could take a while. Any help is appreciated.
Menu > Backup/restore

On old phone, backup to (Google) Drive. On new phone, select old-phone backup and restore.

Kennyc56

Ford Lover-I/O hater!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
That's a good question! I was wondering the same thing!

bikepoet

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I just did this, using the Google Drive option. Takes a while on a slow connection to get a big DB. The only thing I am fighting with now are the bluetooth start triggers.

johnboy00

Geaux Tigers!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
I just did this, using the Google Drive option. Takes a while on a slow connection to get a big DB. The only thing I am fighting with now are the bluetooth start triggers.
Start a new thread on that and we'll try to help you.

wolfpacal

Advanced User
Reaction score
I just saved the existing file to google drive. It saved it as a .db file. I assume that's what I "restore" with the new phone.

johnboy00

Geaux Tigers!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
I just saved the existing file to google drive. It saved it as a .db file. I assume that's what I "restore" with the new phone.
Please use JBV1 backup/restore to backup and restore everything, not just the database.

wolfpacal

Advanced User
Reaction score
Please use JBV1 backup/restore to backup and restore everything, not just the database.
It's weird, I followed your instructions, it sasy it's backing up files, sweeps, settings and database. I get the four circles and then click OK. When I go to Google drive and check the backup, it looks like it only saves a .db file. Weird.
Post automatically merged:

Had to dig a little in Google drive. I found the complete backup file. I'll load it on the new phone and see what happens.

Last edited:

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kidnapper49