Hello from Florida

jestric

Go Gators!
Premium Plus
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Hello @scoobylovesjazz - Welcome aboard RDF and congratulations on your R7!

Once your detector arrives, make sure that you update the firmware and database to the most current versions (if it doesn't already have them installed). Once your status changes from "Newly Registered" to "General User", you'll be able to search the forum for this information.

Again, welcome!

DifferentialT

Learning to Fly
Premium Plus
Beginner User
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum @scoobylovesjazz. I just ordered my R7 March 1st. Supposed to be here Friday. A new one to play with (like I need another one.) Hope yours serves you well wherever you travel.

Z06fan

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum @scoobylovesjazz. We're glad to have you with us. A lot of us drifted away from detectors due to job, family, etc., but many of us drifted back. The biggest change has been the BSM systems that have rendered old detectors almost useless. The new ones, including the R7, continue to get much better at filtering. Welcome back to the dark side :).

thebravo

Security
ModSec
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Welcome :). The R7 is a great detector in south florida, with the somewhat easy terrain you will get pretty solid range. We do have legit kband so you will need to run kband and find a balance of range and performance that works well for you. The do run a bunch of laser as well, run waze and consider getting some laser protection as well.

RedThread

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Welcome @scoobylovesjazz !
Great re-entry into area awareness with the R7!
Uniden released the latest R7 firmware (135) to RDF members. It would be interesting to know your vendor and what FW was shipped. As @thebravo stated, K band still remains a valid threat in parts of Florida... as if Ka, and LIDAR didn't make skinny peddle freedom adventurous enough!

scoobylovesjazz

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Welcome @scoobylovesjazz !
Great re-entry into area awareness with the R7!
Uniden released the latest R7 firmware (135) to RDF members. It would be interesting to know your vendor and what FW was shipped. As @thebravo stated, K band still remains a valid threat in parts of Florida... as if Ka, and LIDAR didn't make skinny peddle freedom adventurous enough!

I was Electronics Express out of TN (via Amazon). I should have it in my hands tomorrow and I will update you on the FW version once I have it.

milkman

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum

RoadDogg

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
@scoobylovesjazz , Welcome to the Forum from Tennessee!! The R7 is a great radar detector, and I hope it works well for you.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cajuncwby30