New ALP install on a 2015 F02

dn0t

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Just got my ride back from Autocraft NYC who did a custom install of an ALP system with 2 Rx + 1 Tx front and rear, Bluetooth module, speaker and GPS. Love the subtle mounts, the pro wiring, and the placement of the control pad by the shifter.

Very excited to see the performance with the growing number of DragonEyes up and down the Eastern Seaboard.

First time use experience with the app is pretty rough. The configuration flow of app -> website -> app again is pretty janky. Also I never logged in anywhere in the app, so I'm not crazy about the security model of wherever that configuration file is sitting. When going through configuration initially I somehow shut off the speaker and it took us a while to figure out how to get it back on. Very clear that the hardware is the strong suit for ALP, not the software.

Welcome your configuration / testing suggestions and feedback on the install.

Front sensors (along with the OEM nightvision camera).

PXL_20210303_160156832.jpg

Rear Sensors.

rear_sensors.png

Control pad.

alp_control_pad.png

Holla

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Looks good but you are going to need to pull those front sensors out more, especially the TX!

dn0t

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Looks good but you are going to need to pull those front sensors out more, especially the TX!
Gotcha. Angle here is kinda bad, but the bubbles and the front of the Tx sensors are flush with the vertical slats of the grill.

You're indicating that's not enough?

ivan911fl

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
is very hard to tell in the picture best thing is to have it tested

Jdem

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Not necessarily! I’ve done an install similar to this with the tx head in the same location and it tested great.

Best to test regardless of course...

dn0t

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
A few of us are kicking around a NYC testing get together for the spring. Shop did have a handheld laser thing and it worked, but did not have one of the guns.

TooMuchStuff

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I read your comment, i just had mine installed ,Tx in front like his above. How far past the verticle silver grill plastic should the Tx stick out on his BMW above? or better yet heres a pic of mine, how far past the grill should it stick past the plastic verticle silver part? Tx is on the right.

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    869.2 KB · Views: 19

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kidnapper49