Buying Perspex

AM21

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Im trying to find a place to order some Perspex or a place in Lubbock Texas that does Perspex covers for ALP?

Maz3

Don't hate me just because I'm beautiful 🤣
Intermediate User
Reaction score
ePlastics.com is where I bought my 2mm half sheet of Plexiglass IR transmitting acrylic.

Perspex is the Kleenex of IR conducting acrylic, but it's made by many manufacturers.

Gatortotz

PSL +5
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Intermediate User
Reaction score

Maz3

Intermediate User
Reaction score

belnir

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I would do a group buy if it came cheaper

Maz3

Intermediate User
Reaction score
If anyone's in Canada I just bought a few sheets cut in 12x12" (should be 8 sheets total). I only need 1-2 so I'll have a few left over.
Were you able to find them in Canada?

I had to order from Calf. as I couldn't find any here. The shipping was more than the actual cost making it quite expensive in the end.

AM21

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
If anyone's in Canada I just bought a few sheets cut in 12x12" (should be 8 sheets total). I only need 1-2 so I'll have a few left over.
What would be the shipping to the states for 1 piece?

GoWFO

If you have to go... GoWFO!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I'd be interested in two :)

Gatortotz

PSL +5
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Were you able to find them in Canada?

I had to order from Calf. as I couldn't find any here. The shipping was more than the actual cost making it quite expensive in the end.
I ordered them off eplastics, the one I linked earlier in this thread. I had them cut the 24x48 sheet into 12x12 because that was the max size for the cheapest shipping option and only 2-9 cuts. It was cheaper to pay the cutting labour and the cheaper cost, I think a single full sheet was almost $200 for delivery.

What would be the shipping to the states for 1 piece?
It's probably best to get a US group buy on these, it'll cost an arm and a leg (it always does when it comes north of the border) but I can look into it if you want.

I'd be interested in two :)
Sounds good, once I get them (should be tomorrow) I'll update you.

Overall cost for the 8 sheets was $143 CAD shipped, I might get hit with Duty fees from FedEx, I'll have to wait and see.
Post automatically merged:

I ordered them off eplastics, the one I linked earlier in this thread. I had them cut the 24x48 sheet into 12x12 because that was the max size for the cheapest shipping option and only 2-9 cuts. It was cheaper to pay the cutting labour and the cheaper cost, I think a single full sheet was almost $200 for delivery.

It's probably best to get a US group buy on these, it'll cost an arm and a leg (it always does when it comes north of the border) but I can look into it if you want.

Sounds good, once I get them (should be tomorrow) I'll update you.

Overall cost for the 8 sheets was $143 CAD shipped, I might get hit with Duty fees from FedEx, I'll have to wait and see.
Also I should mention that if I get this installed I will be testing before/after against a DETC in a couple of weeks.

AM21

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I just looked it up pretty quick and you are right will be the price of buying a full sheet

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kidnapper49