Hi from New Zealand :)

eem29

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Hello! Looking for some advice on the best detector for me in NZ. Have read through countless pages and the more I read the more confused I get! I've read heaps of posts on the NZ and Au forum so will head over there after this!
While not getting caught by one of the vans would be nice, all I really care about is not getting pulled over and getting demerit points or losing my licence. Max range preferable. Ideally not something massive so I can mount it on the bike and in the car. I have been thinking Uniden r3 but after reading some posts the r7 looks better (but maybe more bulky and harder to mount?) or maybe the DF09NZ.

Any advice appreciated :)

Cheers,

Emma

dudeinnz

NZCTG
ModSec
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Hello! Looking for some advice on the best detector for me in NZ. Have read through countless pages and the more I read the more confused I get! I've read heaps of posts on the NZ and Au forum so will head over there after this!
While not getting caught by one of the vans would be nice, all I really care about is not getting pulled over and getting demerit points or losing my licence. Max range preferable. Ideally not something massive so I can mount it on the bike and in the car. I have been thinking Uniden r3 but after reading some posts the r7 looks better (but maybe more bulky and harder to mount?) or maybe the DF09NZ.

Any advice appreciated :)

Cheers,

Emma
Welcome, there is a recommendation page in this section. Suggest you fill it out, or at minimum tell us your budget.

eem29

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Welcome, there is a recommendation page in this section. Suggest you fill it out, or at minimum tell us your budget.
Thanks! It says I don't have permission to view that recommendation form pinned at the top but Ill give some info:

Budget: ideally less than $1500, but I don't mind paying more, top dollar for a top product etc
I like to go fast.
vehicles: Motorcycles (very fast naked and extremely fast superbike) and car (not as fast). Must be able to mount on a bike but I am pretty handy so that shouldn't be an issue.
Mainly open roads and twistys in Central Otago/ Mackenzie /lower South Island, hardly ever in the cities.
Often commute 1hr on the open road through a mountain pass with big straights either side - one cop somewhere there most of the time.
Mainly care about getting pulled up and losing licence for excess speed, don't care as much about fines in the mail.

Also if you have any info on lasers and how to avoid them that would be great.

Cheers!

milkman

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum

Mr carbon

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Welcome well definitely put a laser jammer on your bike I assume there running laser around where your living as in radar on a motorbike I personally think that a none runner on a sports bike to obviously to big in the way on the dash and if there illegal in your state not handy to just hide real quick if you run into a check point
I would put a number plate fippler on your bike to especially if there mobile speed traps set up fixs cameras systems that take a photo handy just to leave the plate down at nite time be discreet using it

RoadDogg

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
@eem29 , Emma, Welcome to the Forum!!

jcaptchaos2

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Welcome, the R7 would be a great choice, I use a blend mount with mine and love it, my wife uses the suction cup mount with hers and loves it.

jaggi13

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Can’t believe I didn’t see this, welcome mate! I have used the R3 and now have the R7. Can give you my proper thoughts and feelings on what I think of the 2 in a few days.

eem29

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Can’t believe I didn’t see this, welcome mate! I have used the R3 and now have the R7. Can give you my proper thoughts and feelings on what I think of the 2 in a few days.
Cheers! I got an R7 and absolutely love it so far!!

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
garlandbob