Valentine 1 Gen 2 cosmetic defect?

Extract0r

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Just received a new V1G2 detector on Friday. Everything works fine but the faceplate is uneven on the right side as seen in the pictures below. Is this normal or should I get it exchanged?

Attachments

• 09FDBB3F-ABC0-47B1-961A-2D9A88D9E8F0.jpeg
    09FDBB3F-ABC0-47B1-961A-2D9A88D9E8F0.jpeg
    555.9 KB · Views: 59
  • 820D4609-5696-4B57-861A-87A7BCDB5AB1.jpeg
    820D4609-5696-4B57-861A-87A7BCDB5AB1.jpeg
    769.1 KB · Views: 62

jestric

Go Gators!
Premium Plus
Intermediate User
Reaction score
It's not supposed to look like that, but it won't affect the detectors performance since it is just cosmetic. However, considering the value I personally wouldn't be happy with the faceplate like that. I would say that you will always see it every time you look at it so contact Valentine Research to have them exchange/repair it.

Bloovy One

"Today didn't have to end in eels"
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
When you call them, describe it as "two visible dimples in the faceplate material where it covers the rear horn". :)

LouG

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about it, but returns are a bit difficult from here. I probably still wouldn't worry about it though, I seldom look at the V1, just the phone.

Borntoride2020

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
How do you know SO much inside info then?

Members are like “hey I can’t reach Valentine today.”

and you’ll respond. “Oh ya, our phones are down today because their doing work outside...oh I mean I’ve heard that’s what’s happening”. 😂😂

Bloovy One

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
I'm psychic. 🤫

In all seriousness, RDF member @K9AN650 has met me, a handful of RDF members that are on other forums know who I am, what I look like, etc. AND I have passed the security checks here at RDF which means that they know a fair amount of info about me. Any admin user can tell you that I'm actually Paul McCartney and that the original died in 1969 in a car crash.

Bloovy One

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Hi LouG, thanks for your comment.

"Band on the Run" was a veiled story about exiting from the "Beatles machine" created by Tavistock and doing what I really wanted to do with Linda and Denny Lane starting a new journey together with Wings. You can hear it in the song as the acoustic guitar starts playing. The lyric, "I hope you're having fun" was from an actual conversation we had at the time.

For more PiD facts subscribe to my news letter at 60090. Take care!

Extract0r

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
My online message at valentine website was not replied to today. When I called them, I was told that they can’t replace it because it is backordered and I have to ship it back (and pay for return shipping myself) for a refund. To be honest, I am disappointed at their service.

WildOne

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
So, did you ask to repair it or return it? Did they say if they repair cosmetic problems? This is cosmetic only from what you have shown.
They are supposed to have units back in stock around the 19th, according to the web site.

Extract0r

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I told them that it was a cosmetic defect out of the box and I wanted a replacement instead of repair since it was like that out of the box. I told them that I posted pictures of the defect on the rdforum and other owners suggested replacement.

Anyway, my plan was to return it and then reorder when it is back in stock, but I am not so sure anymore if I have to eat shipping cost for returning defective units.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kidnapper49