LEO Running Both Lidar and Radar

KingVictor501

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
So while driving on the highway I saw a marked cop on Waze on my vehicle's display. I then saw him with my naked eye and as I got closer I got hit with Ka-Band (not much ramp up of course) and Laser (shifted😏) at the same time.

I'm sure the speeding amateur not running counter measures would have gotten a ticket for sure.

See the time stamps in the photo.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210225-204016.png
    Screenshot_20210225-204016.png
    536.3 KB · Views: 19

VariableWave

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
A nice feature to have when a LEO does do this tactic. Only two things needed. One LJs to protect when hit with LIDAR, and two a detector than can give that extra ahead alert to start slowing sooner before LJs are needed to drop that anchor less so than just that hit by LIDAR.

9C1Driver

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
By the nature of running laser its not realistic that both would be run simultaneously. What could happen is when he try's to hit you with laser but you shift him he could reach down and activate the KA radar to get a speed reading. He could at that point wonder why his laser did not work and try again.

KingVictor501

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
By the nature of running laser its not realistic that both would be run simultaneously. What could happen is when he try's to hit you with laser but you shift him he could reach down and activate the KA radar to get a speed reading. He could at that point wonder why his laser did not work and try again.
I got hit with Ka first then laser which shifted and Ka was still going off (see order of attack in my screenshot)

9C1Driver

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Maybe he was testing his equipment to see if the reading was the same. Since he has to hold the laser gun up to his face and aim like a rifle that makes sense. Turn the radar on and leave it on, then aim and fire the laser. Since that would be a pain in the butt to do every time you won't see that often, it would serve no purpose other then a test.

thanks

for all the fish
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Running CO Ka with a highlight of lidar to pick out the speeder is not new. Many here have experienced it before. I've come across it in NY several times. Leave Ka on while doing something else in the car. Doppler catches his attention, grabs the lidar, and picks up his next customer...

In many areas, they dont even have to be too sneaky. there are tons of people who dont use RD's, waze, or even pay attention to flashing lights from oncoming traffic...

Oh, and just because they have CO Ka on, doesnt mean they are out for speeders, they just leave it on, even when parked at the barracks at times!

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kidnapper49