Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office Facebook Post

jestric

Go Gators!
Premium Plus
Intermediate User
Reaction score
As posted by the JSO on Facebook today (yes I know that the LEO is using LIDAR) 😉:

Jacksonville... we need to talk.

Even with us giving you a heads up about the citywide traffic deployment, this still happened last night:

🚨316 traffic citations
🚨296 warnings
🚨3 DUI arrests

Of those citations and warnings, 242 were for SPEEDING.

SLOW DOWN, move over for emergency vehicles, and ArriveAlive

26953CF9-56BE-4B25-BFFF-ECFE4EC1AFD5.jpeg

Last edited:

GregTec5

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Glad they have a PL3.

Boozehound

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
They have no shortage of real criminals in the Jacksonville area. But arresting those guys costs money when they could be making money instead.

TurboDriver

One foot on the brake, one on the gas...
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
296 warnings? Sure they could use their time more wisely and solve real violent crime?
Well it could have been 296 more tickets... I'm actually impressed they let people off with warnings, they didn't have to.

IMO Warnings are more effective than tickets because people don't get the attitude. The reason why I'm so heavily into CM's right now is because - of that ticket I got.

Last edited:

jestric

Go Gators!
Premium Plus
Intermediate User
Reaction score
They have no shortage of real criminals in the Jacksonville area. But arresting those guys costs money when they could be making money instead.

Absolutely!

Notwithstanding homicides that are pending classification, there have been 20 Jacksonville murders in 2021.

Additionally, the property crime rate (which includes the offenses of burglary, larceny-theft, motor vehicle theft, and arson) is 52.9. :confused:

Last edited:

DifferentialT

Learning to Fly
Premium Plus
Beginner User
Reaction score
@TurboDriver said "Well it could have been 296 more tickets... I'm actually impressed they let people off with warnings, they didn't have to."

I agree with you and I am more surprised there were only 3 DUI's.

Signal Environment

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
While the ridiculous and exaggerated moral posturing around "OMG SPEEEEEEEDING" hasn't changed, the picture is interesting.

It's not so long ago that a department wouldn't have considered publishing a picture with an officer's tattoo sleeve on display.

auskip07

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
i have bad luck when going to jacksonville. 2/ 6 times ive gotten pulled over. Never been pulled over when i had my V1.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Moonman371