Video Update Uniden R7 Firmware Complete Step by Step Tutorial

AMGTQ

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
So the thing I had a problem with was being a new owner of an R7, i didn't have the "Uniden R Series SW Download Tool" and didn't know where to find it. Had to go to the Uniden website get to where the new firmware was and scroll all the way down to R7(Last Update 03/19/2020 v1.29) to download the "Tool". After that it was follow instructions and make sure the firmware was extracted. Your tutor helped me a lot! Thanks for making one.
I spent plenty of time trying to figure out why I didn't have the "Download Tool". Uniden's instructions should be more clear regarding this step.

TestFire

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I spent plenty of time trying to figure out why I didn't have the "Download Tool". Uniden's instructions should be more clear regarding this step.
Yeah, Uniden doesn't tell you that you need the tool in the instructions. I spent about 2 to 3 hours trying to figure it out..lol But, it works way better now that I've got most of the settings where they need to be.

DC Fluid

RDF Addicts Anonymous Member
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
I have updated post #1 with a picture tutorial of how to unzip the firmware download.

RadarScout

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Thanks @DC Fluid for your contribution to the forum. You've been a great source of information.
In addition to me being tech challenged, another problem I have is my computer was built in Bedrock by F. Flintstone and inspected by B. Rubble.
Only those old enough would know what I'm talking about.

Brainstorm69

TXCTG - 2016 MOTY
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score

Brainstorm69

TXCTG - 2016 MOTY
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score

DC Fluid

Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score

Brainstorm69

TXCTG - 2016 MOTY
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Yes, but are you the grand poobah? lol

Boozehound

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
@DC Fluid , great job and thank you for those helpful videos. Updating my R7 was easy and it took the first time per your directions. I'm a little nervous about arrow performance having not found it very good even in 133. Does the rear balance adjustment affect arrow transition/accuracy?

DC Fluid

Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
@DC Fluid , great job and thank you for those helpful videos. Updating my R7 was easy and it took the first time per your directions. I'm a little nervous about arrow performance having not found it very good even in 133. Does the rear balance adjustment affect arrow transition/accuracy?
Arrow balance seems to have minimal change with rear balance, though I haven't gone to extremes.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danimajado