Autoblog's "Best-selling radar detectors and accessories on Amazon"?!?

FunkyDoc

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Are these seriously the best-selling detectors & accessories on Amazon? Two Cobra detectors? Interesting to read the comments they posted from a review about Cobra's RAD 480i (which I've never even heard of), wherein he said that with some tweaking, the detector would be "flawless." Really- flawless?!? Doubt that's the word I'd choose, and maybe I need to be educated on the quality of this particular product- so apologies in advance for my ignorance here. But would think they should have recommended better RD's. Perhaps I'm being too harsh since they did say "best-selling," and not "best performing." Still, seems a tad misleading.

Code:
https://www.autoblog.com/2021/02/25/6-best-selling-radar-detectors/

Signal Environment

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Are these seriously the best-selling detectors & accessories on Amazon? Two Cobra detectors? Interesting to read the comments they posted from a review about Cobra's RAD 480i (which I've never even heard of), wherein he said that with some tweaking, the detector would be "flawless." Really- flawless?!? Doubt that's the word I'd choose, and maybe I need to be educated on the quality of this particular product- so apologies in advance for my ignorance here. But would think they should have recommended better RD's. Perhaps I'm being too harsh since they did say "best-selling," and not "best performing." Still, seems a tad misleading.

Code:
https://www.autoblog.com/2021/02/25/6-best-selling-radar-detectors/

These type of lists are low-effort junk put together to generate affiliate clicks. And yeah, i guess it's no crime to note what the best sellers are. But it's certainly not very valuable either. Heck, 2 out of the 6 are power accessories. "Looking for a detector? Buy this power cable instead." lol. ;)

And regarding the user review for the Cobra, it looks like he has only Ka band on, and Ka sensitivity set low. So yeah, it's probably "flawless" in terms of being false-free. Will it still have enough range to give him a save in challenging scenarios? Time will tell...

On the plus side the R3 is on there, which is a great value. So maybe it will do somebody some good.

auskip07

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
im ok with people buying junk. if everyone had a high end detector and evaded tickets the police would advance their tech/ catching strategies to generate more revenue. the gap would widen more than it is now.... essentially the whole countermeasure industry plays catchup to what is deployed in the real world.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dk919