Uniden R7 Auto Lockout Firmware V1.35

jestric

Go Gators!
Premium Plus
Intermediate User
Reaction score

I think the best ultimately are the V1 app lockouts... JBV1, YaV1, V1Driver, etc. I'm not as familiar with Highway Radar's lockouts. The main benefit is that they treat each signal individually, so two signals with similar frequencies and locations are treated as individual signals. One lockout doesn't automatically affect both which is nice for your "LEO shooting K band by a speed sign" or "LEO hiding near a shopping center" type concerns.

Sounds like a great project for @JSherbondy in a future update for the RL360C . ;)

jcaptchaos2

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score

DC Fluid

RDF Addicts Anonymous Member
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score

yellowtibby

Shifter ZR4's number one fan.
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Completed a 5 hr road trip with my R7 set to Highway mode with version 1.35. All highway from PA to CT. In 5 hours of highway driving I had exactly 1 bsm false from a tractor trailer at 24.070 range. Every Honda bsm, Chrysler, and GM bsm was filtered out on K block 1 and K block 2 both set to weak. I even passed several Mazda CX5s and CX9s with my MRCD turned off without BSM falses from them despite their side view mirror lighting up when I was in their blind spot. Before this latest update, on version 1.33 I would get slammed with 24.168 bsms so much from Honda and Chryslers/Jeep Cherokees that I would often run my Radenso XP or Pro M because my R7 would drive me crazy. I thought version 1.29 actually had better bsm filtering to 24.168 compared to version 1.33. This latest FW update is the best BSM filtering to date on the R7. I also picked up multiple legitimate 34.7 Ka band from NYSP with plenty of range including one encounter with two cops in the median facing opposite directions firing two different frequencies of 34.7 KA band and the R7 bogey counter worked perfectly. I love the R7 now.

Last edited:

Deacon

TXCTG
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Just for fun, and I know its not required, but i am gong to delete all manual lockouts, and start fresh.
Is that a good idea? Based on bits of info here, there are only so many memory slots to go around, and according to this thread the process is a tedious and grueling one regardless. Maybe just let the auto lockouts learn new stuff you don’t already have nailed down.

Mithheru

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Figured 135 might never get released. Its funny as this comes out almost the same day I release the 137 International version!

Deacon

TXCTG
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Figured 135 might never get released. Its funny as this comes out almost the same day I release the 137 International version!

What kind of mobile vans do you face, and how’s it doing against them?

Mithheru

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
We have redflex. Running low powered polarised K band 23.97-24.10 and mostly between 23.97-24.04. This version has so far only seen one and had more than adequate detection. I don't yet have anything on video. However, its at least on par with the previous 124 and better than US133.

SlickNYC

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Try TSF off
That had an effect on MRCD on the R3, but not on R7 133.
Experiment with different settings to find the culprit and report back.
I do have it on TSF off. There’s a MRCT cam literally 20 ft from me so I am able to quickly test some settings and I haven’t been able to get back the same range. It’s a bit disheartening. It feels like they introduced some lag into K band so it may be affecting MRCT sensitivity. I can test more today and hopefully figure it out.

Mithheru

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I do have it on TSF off. There’s a MRCT cam literally 20 ft from me so I am able to quickly test some settings and I haven’t been able to get back the same range. It’s a bit disheartening. It feels like they introduced some lag into K band so it may be affecting MRCT sensitivity. I can test more today and hopefully figure it out.
@DEMON5

Its mentions of Lag that are a concern of mine. Knowing how they likely had to implement the autolock out, I see this as being a very possible tradeoff. Against redflex, and other low powered radar I can see this could be an issue for a lot of people.

The problem with BSMs and other modulated signals is the repeat time of the modulation. It has nothing to do with the processing power or speed of the detector, but simply the time it takes the modulating signal to modulate and to thereby be physically able to recognise it for what it is. Theia will likely have to overcome the same issues. Against something like MRCD and redflex, every second becomes important.

oversteer325

Caution, Anchor May Drop Suddenly
Premium Plus
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I’d recommend reloading the firmware in recovery mode then reset afterwards. I’ve bench tested k reactivity with MRCD on and off and I haven’t seen any delay added in 1.35 compared to previous versions.

venom690

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I drove to work yesterday in metropolitan Miami in a 40 mile round trip with the R7 on. I usually get false alerts. but after installing the new version the R7 was early quiet. It was not even going off at the usual spots (except the usual KA false)

I may be able to dial back filtering a bit. I usually drive with K filter on, knotch filter on, city mode, i will try driving with advanced mode instead on monday and see..

I may also undust the KA gun out of the closet to test KA band just to make sure it is still working lol it is really quiet ... may not even need auto locks after all lol.

fliegenfischen

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I don't have time to read this right now b/c I'm on daddy duty, but what are rec settings??

Vortex settings + now MUTE K blocking (both options), + enable MRCD for Mazda BSM?

Still set K at 70%?

Thanks to whomever can give me insight as I'm on daddy duty and can only work on radar during her naps!

Vortex

Making Videos
Observer
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
I don't have time to read this right now b/c I'm on daddy duty, but what are rec settings??

Vortex settings + now MUTE K blocking (both options), + enable MRCD for Mazda BSM?

Still set K at 70%?

Thanks to whomever can give me insight as I'm on daddy duty and can only work on radar during her naps!
haha oh man, I COMPLETELY understand that. :D

I personally prefer K Block 1/2 Weak over Mute since it helps visually keep the display calmer by hiding the BSM falses altogether.

MRCD does somehow look to be filtering out Mazda CX-5's. I get a MRCD door opener false consistently so enabling Ka/MRCD lockouts to take care of that is helpful too.

Otherwise K 70% and Auto Mute Mem On (autolockouts) should be great too.

LI2624

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I drove to work yesterday in metropolitan Miami in a 40 mile round trip with the R7 on. I usually get false alerts. but after installing the new version the R7 was early quiet. It was not even going off at the usual spots (except the usual KA false)

I may be able to dial back filtering a bit. I usually drive with K filter on, knotch filter on, city mode, i will try driving with advanced mode instead on monday and see..

I may also undust the KA gun out of the closet to test KA band just to make sure it is still working lol it is really quiet ... may not even need auto locks after all lol.
So with K1 and K2 filtering, what is everyone doing with the ability to dial back K filtering. On previous 1.33 I had K filtering down to 40%. Should we bring it back up to 100%, 90%, or ???

luckycharms783

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
So with K1 and K2 filtering, what is everyone doing with the ability to dial back K filtering. On previous 1.33 I had K filtering down to 40%. Should we bring it back up to 100%, 90%, or ???
My ride in this morning was very quiet with 135, and I have my K on 100%.

I would say turn it to 100% and run it like that to see how it is for you.

Vehicle 1

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Should had taken two days? signal > 24hrs > signal > 24hrs > signal & autolockout?

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tonyz3