Uniden R7 Auto Lockout Firmware V1.35

knight_man

I wanna go fast
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Just a PSA from the wild. Be careful with the rear K mute. Someone I know almost got nailed on that one. The rear K muting caused a condition where there was legit K running up from behind and it muted the entire encounter. Maybe it looked like BSM on the rear antenna, idk, but it was legit. Auto mute is otherwise disabled, they asked me to turn that off, so I know it wasn't that.

Riptide

Recovering M3 Addict
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Just a PSA from the wild. Be careful with the rear K mute. Someone I know almost got nailed on that one. The rear K muting caused a condition where there was legit K running up from behind and it muted the entire encounter. Maybe it looked like BSM on the rear antenna, idk, but it was legit. Auto mute is otherwise disabled, they asked me to turn that off, so I know it wasn't that.
Yes, rear K mute automatically mutes all K band encounters which register a rear arrow regardless of signal strength. It is working as intended in the situation you described.

rwsmith123

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
There’s a bug with repeated RLC alerts when stationary:

AMGTQ

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
One of the main reasons I got the R7 vs. V1G2 is reading about it's capabilities on k band.

So how come it doesn't alert to the speed signs that my V1 did?

DC Fluid

RDF Addicts Anonymous Member
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
One of the main reasons I got the R7 vs. V1G2 is reading about it's capabilities on k band.

So how come it doesn't alert to the speed signs that my V1 did?
What's the frequency of the sign?
Try K Extended to show you the frequency, it may be outside of regular police use in your area.
If you have K Narrow set, you're cutting out a bunch of frequencies that it's less likely to have police in.
K Wide will cover pretty much anything in NA.
K Extended will cover everything world wide, and if neede
d for the rare places that have Redflex at really low frequency.
If still no signal, make sure it's not in a K Block frequency, turn K Blocks off or weak to see.

DVCNick

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I've noticed the same thing. I'm set to K wide, 100%, with just the notch filters set to "weak" so I should be getting alerts on any K in range. But, most (but not all) of the speed signs I see locally that used to set off my R3 are dead silent on the R7 with 1.35. I can only assume they have improved the filter to recognize these signs.

I'm road tripping home from Tampa right now with new car and I've got to say the BSMs are very manageable even with K at 100. I also had what I believe was my first legit K detection from a car going the other way.

One thing I've noticed with BSM's is that they are inconsistent. I'll get a 3 bar alert that I'm 99% sure is from an adjacent car, but then that car will move far enough away to stop registering. Then get right back up next to it. Good chance the R7 will be silent. It is almost like the filter is almost getting them, but not quite sometimes.

I did have two laser alerts in FL. One was at a Waze-marked cop location, and I saw the cars, but they were off the road not totally inline with oncoming traffic, and it was dark so I couldn't really confirm a laser gun for sure, and they didn't seem properly positioned to get a really good reading. The other was also in a location marked on Waze, but I never saw a car. So... not sure if either of those were legit.

cavecreek93

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I made another run but this time it was against one of those small mobile boxes. 1.35 didn't alert until I drove past the box. The attached video is 1.33 giving me enough warning. Something changed for me with the new firmware.
I made a few more passes with 1.35, but this time I turned off KBlock 2 and it alerted before I passed the box. It only gave me about 50ft of warning but it did alert as "Front MRCD" 24.119

KBLOCK 1 and 2 set to mute didn't work. There was just a brief alert as I drove past the box.

Last edited:

redhead2015

Learning to Fly
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Beginner User
Reaction score
Nothing of significance will be lost with those.
Your biggest affect on warning range is the K % sensitivity.
Highway is always 100%.
Set your Advanced to 40 - 50%
City is supposed to be 18%
These are settings that don't give a true picture.
An R7 at 40-50% has as much or more range than nearly every premium detector on their highway maximum range settings.
R7 is very sensitive.
Even City mode beats out some highway modes and definitely beats out City/Auto modes of other brands.

Basically, I advise that each user run as much sensitivity as comfortable, giving a pleasurable drive based on how much tolerance they have for false alerts.
If your detector is fine at Highway, go with that.
Or adjust Advanced up or down until satisfied with the result, knowing even if K 40% is where you end up, you still have excellent protection.

One tip: Try highway mode on firmware 135 as long as possible to help with Auto lockouts, and manual Lockouts.
A week or two on your regular routes should make the detector quieter, that you only notice BSMs.
Then reduce to Advanced xx% for an even quieter ride.
It takes some time to get your detector all set up in an area.
Have fun!
thanks for all the infro. Are you running tsf on and mrcd on? I have low been k guns around 24.110 and 24.114

DC Fluid

Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
thanks for all the infro. Are you running tsf on and mrcd on? I have low been k guns around 24.110 and 24.114
Yes I have them on and it rocks against Falcon HR low K gun in testing.

redhead2015

Learning to Fly
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Beginner User
Reaction score
Yes I have them on and it rocks against Falcon HR low K gun in testing.
You in Advanced mode k around 40-50?
if on highway tsf on and mrcd still work don't have be in advanced mode

DC Fluid

Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
You in Advanced mode k around 40-50?
if on highway tsf on and mrcd still work don't have be in advanced mode
K Fiter, TSF, MRCD are all separate settings that are either on or off. You have to change those individually.

Changing from Highway to City to Advanced only changes the % sensitivity settings.

Advanced is only to give you the option to have sensitivity set somewhere between City 18% and Highway 100%.
So maybe in your city, like mine, I can run Advanced 50%+ without hardly any false, with better range than choosing City Mode.

AMGTQ

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
What's the frequency of the sign?
Try K Extended to show you the frequency, it may be outside of regular police use in your area.
If you have K Narrow set, you're cutting out a bunch of frequencies that it's less likely to have police in.
K Wide will cover pretty much anything in NA.
K Extended will cover everything world wide, and if neede
d for the rare places that have Redflex at really low frequency.
If still no signal, make sure it's not in a K Block frequency, turn K Blocks off or weak to see.
I turned all filters off, K Extended and still nothing. Also tried MRCD on & off.

RadarScout

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
@DC Fluid I'm really liking 1.35. I run K wide at 80% Ka wide at 100% with rear antenna at 70%. The only filter I use now is the K filter. I'm now able to run with TSF off and almost no falsing from BSMs. The Auto Lockouts are great! Really impressed with what they've done. Once they fix the lagging arrows, there's nothing left to do. And, mine don't lag every time.
It seems like range has increased too. Tonight, I picked up a 24.108 signal a mile and a half, over 2 elevation changes.
I'm glad I let you convince me to do this update. You're a good man. I don't care what @jestric and @ARkaband said! :laugh:

DC Fluid

Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
@DC Fluid I'm really liking 1.35. I run K wide at 80% Ka wide at 100% with rear antenna at 70%. The only filter I use now is the K filter. I'm now able to run with TSF off and almost no falsing from BSMs. The Auto Lockouts are great! Really impressed with what they've done. Once they fix the lagging arrows, there's nothing left to do. And, mine don't lag every time.
It seems like range has increased too. Tonight, I picked up a 24.108 signal a mile and a half, over 2 elevation changes.
I'm glad I let you convince me to do this update. You're a good man. I don't care what @jestric and @ARkaband said! :laugh:
I didn't see any range increase on my head to head 133 vs 135 tests.
Glad it's working out for you.
I found TSF to significantly reduce BSMs and other signals, so it's good you can still level up on filtering if needed.
So you have MRCD on or off? One more option to use if your area doesn't have a bunch of MRCD junk.

SixPackABS

Advanced User
Reaction score
Finally back to F1.33 and my arrows are functioning back to 100%. Transition from front to side to back is pretty accurate now. No second guessing anymore from previous F1.35

WildOne

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Finally back to F1.33 and my arrows are functioning back to 100%. Transition from front to side to back is pretty accurate now. No second guessing anymore from previous F1.35
Just hope that you don't see any IO. You can have at least a 1.5 sec delay to any band IO on ver 133.

AMGTQ

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
@DC Fluid Fluid , what do you think of my R7 not picking up these speed signs?
I just want to know if it's functioning properly or if I should exchange it? Thanks

DC Fluid

Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
@DC Fluid Fluid , what do you think of my R7 not picking up these speed signs?
I just want to know if it's functioning properly or if I should exchange it? Thanks
If you can receive police Ka bands well, then unlikely anything wrong. Some drive by of police stations may find a car they left the radar on. Can be hard to find one when you need it, Murphy's Law.
To be sure, go by Walmart, pharmacies, Home Depot etc. right near front doors, and if K Band is picking up door openers then you will be fine.
The sign may have changed to outside of proper frequency, or is filtered out by the R7 as not legitimate.
Do other detectors pick it up on the same day as the R7 doesn't?
Noting the frequency would help diagnose.

Also, what car do you drive?
An AMG Merc?
You have to be careful that you don't have a non-radar compatible windshield.
Most of those high end windshields have a special "cut out" spot to place GPS, toll transponders etc.
If you go park in front of a store with door openers, hold your detector out the window at the doors, if alert level jumps up, then your windshield is blocking signals.

SixPackABS

Advanced User
Reaction score
Just hope that you don't see any IO. You can have at least a 1.5 sec delay to any band IO on ver 133.
Ver 133 still has the IO delay issue?

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kidnapper49