Uniden R7 Auto Lockout Firmware V1.35

sctdg

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Most of the people I know who own radar detectors.. 1) have almost no idea how they work and 2) are the sub-$200, not-so-great-anyway variety.

If I'm the police, there is no way I'm going to all the trouble to try to select harder to detect radar equipment that blends in with the local door population when 99.9% of the speeders are oblivious and easy to catch if desired... I doubt that sort of thing is ever even thought about. They usually have tight budgets and their stuff is bought based mostly on cost, most of the time.
I can tell you this ,next town up rt23 from West Milford is Hardyston and they use K . Their favorite spot to set up is next door to the Ice Rink on rt23 south . The ice rink puts out a solid K signal , I would say the cops are aware of that and use it . Just saying.

nascar

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I can tell you this ,next town up rt23 from West Milford is Hardyston and they use K . Their favorite spot to set up is next door to the Ice Rink on rt23 south . The ice rink puts out a solid K signal , I would say the cops are aware of that and use it . Just saying.

Some cops are guys. Guys like gadgets... I bet a few cops have radar detectors too... Doesn't seem far fetched to me. I agree. Just sayin.

Makes me want to take a ride up rt23 so I can hit with real K for once :)

Izzyrd

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I gave up on some "weak" auto-lockouts that kept getting deleted. I'm back to manually locking them.

RadarScout

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Makes me want to take a ride up rt23 so I can hit with real K for once
Be careful what you wish for. In my town, I have an even mix of K & Ka. I've found that K band stunts your growth, makes your hair fall out, reduces brain function, dulls the paint on your vehicle, and makes the sky cloudy, with just enough drizzle to make you have to use the intermittent wipers.
In other words, makes life miserable.

sctdg

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Be careful what you wish for. In my town, I have an even mix of K & Ka. I've found that K band stunts your growth, makes your hair fall out, reduces brain function, dulls the paint on your vehicle, and makes the sky cloudy, with just enough drizzle to make you have to use the intermittent wipers.
In other words, makes life miserable.
So that is what happened , thank God it was not only me. I was beginning to worry.

Riptide

Recovering M3 Addict
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Some cops are guys. Guys like gadgets... I bet a few cops have radar detectors too... Doesn't seem far fetched to me. I agree. Just sayin.

Makes me want to take a ride up rt23 so I can hit with real K for once :)
Yup it happens, and it can have a huge negative effect on those of us who aren't cops but use those gadgets in the areas that cop patrols.

nineballrakm

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I have been running 1.35 since it's release. I noticed Quiet Ride takes priority over Auto-lockouts. Why is that? I have to pass the area 3 times above the Quite Ride speed (35 mph) in order to acquire the Auto-lockout. Only then does it switch to Auto Mute Memory.

Cronus

Learning to Fly
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Beginner User
Reaction score
I have been running 1.35 since it's release. I noticed Quiet Ride takes priority over Auto-lockouts. Why is that? I have to pass the area 3 times above the Quite Ride speed (35 mph) in order to acquire the Auto-lockout. Only then does it switch to Auto Mute Memory.
I have my quiet ride set to 60 mph and have lockouts working at some stores and I definitely did not go 60+ in the Walmart or Best Buy parking lots. Both are set to far back from the main road for lockout to work from there.

Auto lockouts are not perfect, but since 1.35 is much quieter for me, not to worried about that right now. Had some speed signs that locked out and then were not, then they were, now they are not. Frequency has been the same on them when I have remembered to check. One of those things I am trying to keep an eye on when I pass them since upgrading to the new firmware and messing with the auto lockouts.

DC Fluid

RDF Addicts Anonymous Member
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score

YelloEye

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Plugged into computer you will see nothing on the detector.
Does it power up in your car with the Uniden power cord?
If it does, then do this...
Oh yeah, didn't think to ask where the detector is located. Being in the firmware thread, stands to reason they might be updating it.

YelloEye

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
red light is on the cord i hear audio but no text on screen i press on the mute it says bright dimmer but nothing shows on the screen
When you scroll to bright, by pressing that button, nothing?

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kidnapper49