DrHow

Cloaked
Banned User
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
So I'm out each weekend going over the same routes I've been training. Still getting K band noise in certain areas. So tempted to manually lock them out, but really want to understand what is going on. I believe it's now frequency drift that is having the R7 not recognize the offending signals. We are transitioning from cold to warm weather. Today (after 24 hours later) I will go through this triangle again. It's actually two major roads out to the Taconic Parkway and back to where they meet...making sure I go both directions on each highway. The goal is SILENCE, except for the real deal.

Funny story. I was on my way back on one of those routes coming into a small town and saw a new K noise-maker start to sound. 24.109? WTF now? Got a little further down and a Sheriff patrol SUV was at an intersection in town. That was real!

Phil
Having the R7 set for very narrow lockout frequency is the safest way. Assuming that is how it works. Using G2 w/V1Driver, I have accumulated a variety of slightly different lockout frequencies in front of a “hotel row” (4 hotels in a row). Their door openers frequency will slightly change with temps, sun hitting them, verses sun to the backs of the transmitters. Over time, they wobble enough to trip multiple frequency per transmitter auto mute. In town, I like to use V1Driver because of its fire and forget auto mute, narrow muting, and the ability to kill block both visual and audio on block outs.

I have seen many LEO in this area. It is a back “alternate route” that people blast through. They narrow lockout insures the real thing comes through. I also do testing here for K band reactivity, with noisy RF false signals, see how RDs do.

I am glad that Uniden chose default lockout range narrow. I bet you will eventually catch most the typical frequency drifts. Then go blissfully silent until there is a real LEO. I have attached a copy of V1Driver pin marks of all the different offset frequencies those multiple door openers will spew out. Also across the major intersection, there is a Goodwill, and doggie day care that have door openers that move frequencies a bunch too.

Attachments

• 8B0A8A9B-8F9A-43AC-9038-8F5CA044FAF5.jpeg
    8B0A8A9B-8F9A-43AC-9038-8F5CA044FAF5.jpeg
    531.4 KB · Views: 9

wjbertrand

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Post automatically merged:

So, with the improved filtering with the new FW, is 70-80% on the rear balance still needed? Just wondering what are the benefits to running rear balance at a lower percentage.
I'm not too concerned about the slow arrow reversal, most of the time we can see the threat at that point. To me I think the most important value of the arrows is the initial direction the threat is coming from.

Vortex

Making Videos
Observer
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score

Vortex

Making Videos
Observer
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up!! So is it the same as the beta release? Thanks.
1.35 released on RDF was not beta and was not released as a beta, despite the speculation. This is the same firmware that's now on Uniden's website.

oversteer325

Caution, Anchor May Drop Suddenly
Premium Plus
Intermediate User
Reaction score
FYI, I ran a checksum and it indicates that the file posted to the Uniden site and the file posted at the start of this thread are the exact same.

YelloEye

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
FYI, I ran a checksum and it indicates that the file posted to the Uniden site and the file posted at the start of this thread are the exact same.
Was just about to do the same. Thanks for saving me the time.

Next onto to the auto lockouts tweak...lol
There's a tweak to be done? Seems I need to scour the forum more.

TurboDriver

One foot on the brake, one on the gas...
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Agree 💯. Majority of the falses I get are at around 24.160.
I hope Uniden will add K Block 3 for 24.160. I still get these with Pacificas and Compasses all the time.
What K settings do you guys run?

I ask this because I've been doing a little experimenting. It almost seems like MRCD on will give me the 24.160 falses more than when I have MRCD off. Supposedly it will help with Mazda's but I don't see a lot of them. To be continued…

jonup

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
What K settings do you guys run?

I ask this because I've been doing a little experimenting. It almost seems like MRCD on will give me the 24.160 falses more than when I have MRCD off. Supposedly it will help with Mazda's but I don't see a lot of them. To be continued…
I haven't tested without the Mazda trick, but as of this afternoon I'm City K band off. I'll try to remember to switch to Advanced on the longer drives

GregTec5

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I haven't tested without the Mazda trick, but as of this afternoon I'm City K band off. I'll try to remember to switch to Advanced on the longer drives
It works!

rwsmith123

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I would gladly sacrifice some lockout/user marks storage to have a few different profiles that can be chosen as easily as city/highway/advanced modes. By profile I mean you can have all settings change between each profile, not just sensitivity percentage. Yeah it would be a pain to setup initially but would be worth it.

It also wouldn’t be that difficult to allow settings to be changed via USB as a feature. Would be even more useful if there were multiple profiles to setup.

DrHow

Cloaked
Banned User
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
1.35 is now up on Uniden's website. Just a heads up for anyone who wanted to wait for it to show up there before updating.

Same exact version as what we have. No sub release like “pie”? 1.354845673294830293? :)

Good not a “pie” version.... 1.354845673294830293. :)

DVCNick

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I haven't been looking at the forums in a while, just been happily running around with my R3 (or not so much due to Rona, as it were). Anyhow, I saw how cheap R7's can be had now, so I ended up ordering one. It got here today, and I just turned it on to make sure it works, then immediately updated to 1.35.

Background: I was a few releases behind on the R3 as well. Further, I don't have any legit K that I know of in my area and had turned off K completely on my R3 a while back.... so it has been a while since I've done anything with K. But I wanted to try out all the new stuff on the new R7 firmware.

K related settings: K 100% front and rear, filter on, wide, block filters set to weak.
Went for a drive through an area I know (or knew). My initial impression is that it is definitely quieter than the last time I had K turned on with the R3. There was some weirdness though.

I did have two or three random signals on the road in about 45 total minutes of driving that I think must be some BSM's getting through.
There are about three spots on this route that used to peg the K meter on my R3, from doors or whatever I'm not sure. One it picked up strong. The others; dead silence. I'd have to either disable every filter or I guess go out there with the R3 again to confirm whether the signal is still there.
Last, there is a neighborhood on the route that always has speed signs in it. Today there were three. Again, didn't matter what the R3 was set to, if K was on at all, it would be pegged as you passed these signs. They may be different signs than before; I'm not sure... but dead silence out of the R7.

Not sure what to make of that... just better filtering in the R7? As I understand it, with my current K settings there is no part of the band that should be categorically blocked based on frequency range, so this would have to just be really, really effective filtering?

I did get one legit Ka hit so that was good to see. It was coming from a car going in the other direction, I'm sure. There was a good bit of traffic so I couldn't look for it too hard, but there was a nice ramp up to full strength with the forward arrow, then flip to the rear and it trailed off. I didn't see exactly which car it was so not sure how long the arrow took to flip.

Looking forward to more driving with it.
Going to read the second half of the thread now.... based on what I've read in the first 18 pages or so, I think I'm just going to leave it as is with K on at 100% and let the auto lockouts do their thing. Based on the lack of driving I'm doing in general right now, it might take a while though.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danimajado