Uniden R7 Auto Lockout Firmware V1.35

G39x

Huntin' Rabbits
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Can we have @BestRadarDetectors write about the arrows to let everyone know that the arrows are indeed slow and we don’t need everyone repeating the same thing?

I would rather like to know about people experience other than the arrows.

My experience has been great at 70%, which I would never run in previous firmwares unless I am traveling through the small towns I regularly go by. BSM’s have greatly been reduced on my end.

louisssss

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Can we have @BestRadarDetectors write about the arrows to let everyone know that the arrows are indeed slow and we don’t need everyone repeating the same thing?

I would rather like to know about people experience other than the arrows.

My experience has been great at 70%, which I would never run in previous firmwares unless I am traveling through the small towns I regularly go by. BSM’s have greatly been reduced on my end.
90% of the R7's benefits over the R3 is the arrows. The auto lockouts work great. So hence people have only been talking about the arrows. There also seems to be a slight lag/delay/whatever you wanna call it with the V1.35 update over the v1.33 update. So thats why people are talking about it.

ed3elite

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I was given permission to release the firmware with Auto Lockouts.

Here you go.... Enjoy
hi, I am having problems with updating my R7 I just got it today and I do not know how to update it to 1.35 and its really frustrating. any chance someone can help me with figuring it out?

AllspeedJeff

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
hi, I am having problems with updating my R7 I just got it today and I do not know how to update it to 1.35 and its really frustrating. any chance someone can help me with figuring it out?
I can help you

G39x

Huntin' Rabbits
Intermediate User
Reaction score
90% of the R7's benefits over the R3 is the arrows. The auto lockouts work great. So hence people have only been talking about the arrows. There also seems to be a slight lag/delay/whatever you wanna call it with the V1.35 update over the v1.33 update. So thats why people are talking about it.

I realize this and I mentioned it in my post that the arrows are too slow, so yes I agree with everyone on here, but I don’t want the same thing being written and adding more posts for an issue we know exists. I am not defending Uniden, they need to fix this and I loved my previous arrows so much more, but I can bear with this until the next firmware comes out as the other parts of the firmware are great. Please don’t mistake my comment as being negative towards anyone, I just like a more streamline thread.

benzr

Been there done that !! Original V1 user !!
Advanced User
Reaction score
I realize this and I mentioned it in my post that the arrows are too slow, so yes I agree with everyone on here, but I don’t want the same thing being written and adding more posts for an issue we know exists. I am not defending Uniden, they need to fix this and I loved my previous arrows so much more, but I can bear with this until the next firmware comes out as the other parts of the firmware are great. Please don’t mistake my comment as being negative towards anyone, I just like a more streamline thread.
You PERFECTIONIST.

I GUESS you are "NORMAL" "CHALLENGED"

Hahahahahaha. I just kill myself 😜😜. NOT !!

Benzr

Izzyrd

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Like someone mentioned before, I too see some of my Auto Muted Lockouts not sticking or auto deleted. I think most of these K Band frequencies are the weak ones or seem intermittent. Some days these get detected some days, not. These of course I can confirm are stationary falses in my daily work route. I wish R7 would retain these lockouts a little longer than 2 miss passes. Anyway, the work around of course is manually memory muting them.

oversteer325

Caution, Anchor May Drop Suddenly
Premium Plus
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I’ve upped my rear balance to 100% to see if it helps with the arrow transition. So far it seems to be an improvement but they are still slow compared to 1.33.

I figure there’s a good chance Uniden tuned the transition using default settings plus having it at 100% means it will see more signal to the rear sooner than at 80% like I had it previously.

crdbrKiss

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I’ve upped my rear balance to 100% to see if it helps with the arrow transition. So far it seems to be an improvement but they are still slow compared to 1.33.

I figure there’s a good chance Uniden tuned the transition using default settings plus having it at 100% means it will see more signal to the rear sooner than at 80% like I had i
Post automatically merged:

So, with the improved filtering with the new FW, is 70-80% on the rear balance still needed? Just wondering what are the benefits to running rear balance at a lower percentage.

DC Fluid

RDF Addicts Anonymous Member
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Post automatically merged:

So, with the improved filtering with the new FW, is 70-80% on the rear balance still needed? Just wondering what are the benefits to running rear balance at a lower percentage.
Not having to listen to a LEO for 3 minutes after you passed the donut shop? ;)

Seriously, I liked 80% as it seemed to be a better balance of the time alerting to a signal, as 100% seemed like such a long time after passing a door opener or police radar. Plenty of alert distance on a radar gun for rear protection, but I don't need that door opener beep following me down the street longer than necessary.

PHILBERT

left lane, behind your [email protected]$$ ugly SUV_ MOVE OVER!
Intermediate User
Reaction score
So I'm out each weekend going over the same routes I've been training. Still getting K band noise in certain areas. So tempted to manually lock them out, but really want to understand what is going on. I believe it's now frequency drift that is having the R7 not recognize the offending signals. We are transitioning from cold to warm weather. Today (after 24 hours later) I will go through this triangle again. It's actually two major roads out to the Taconic Parkway and back to where they meet...making sure I go both directions on each highway. The goal is SILENCE, except for the real deal.

Funny story. I was on my way back on one of those routes coming into a small town and saw a new K noise-maker start to sound. 24.109? WTF now? Got a little further down and a Sheriff patrol SUV was at an intersection in town. That was real!

Phil

Daystrom

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I see frequency drift from door openers at my local Walgreens. They are terrible. Can never get a good lockout since those junk transceivers drift like an old frigate!

Nanook

I feel the need for speed
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Running 135 ...yesterday passed an alert...R7 remained quiet but showed the alert and the word "blocked" on the right..never noticed this before...something new ?...

DC Fluid

Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Running 135 ...yesterday passed an alert...R7 remained quiet but showed the alert and the word "blocked" on the right..never noticed this before...something new ?...
You have K Block On?
What setting?
If the signal was in a K Block frequency one of the settings will do what you describe.

brettzo

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score

How's it going Nanook?

You probably have "Mute" selected in the K block 1 & or 2 setting and that signal must have fell within that range. Try running it in "Weak" mode instead for both K block 1 & 2. That'll filter out some of the weaker BSM signals within those ranges, but still alert to stronger signals.

I find that it's not perfect and I still see some BSM falses, but a decent balance between quiet and safer as we have Raptor K band radar here that operates on 24.125 GHz and can drift up higher.

Last edited:

Nanook

I feel the need for speed
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Thanks DC and brettzo...I think you guys nailed it..I'll try weak brett if that's what you suggest..

SixPackABS

Advanced User
Reaction score
Have you guys noticed that the arrows transition slower? :)

Vancity23

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
@DC Fluid Thanks for the MRCD tip against Mazda BSM’s it really does make a big difference. Been running the FW for a while and now and are really enjoying it. One thing I have noticed and I need to validate more, auto lockouts seems to latch on longer and hold the mall door falses longer...

DC Fluid

Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
@DC Fluid Thanks for the MRCD tip against Mazda BSM’s it really does make a big difference. Been running the FW for a while and now and are really enjoying it. One thing I have noticed and I need to validate more, auto lockouts seems to latch on longer and hold the mall door falses longer...
Could you explain that differently?
Longer as in time or distance?
Aren't the door falses fairly consistent in location?

Or do you mean latch time, that when greyed out they stay on the screen farther than before?

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danimajado