Uniden R7 Auto Lockout Firmware V1.35

TurboDriver

One foot on the brake, one on the gas...
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Ok... Do you live here? Do you drive here? Do you see K band here? (Here = USA)

If you answer "Yes" to any of these questions and you exceed the speed limit where you would be sited if clocked by radar, then you will either agree with me or you will end up with a ticket.

I didn't make my original statement in a derogatory way, sorry if it came across that way, it is just that when people ask or complain about why something isn't a certain way they don't always take into account other scenarios or situations. I was just stating that those segments at those values are useless if K band is a real threat in any place I have been here in the states.

Izzyrd

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Happy so far with the Auto Lockouts. It only rarely have delays in my experience and the longest delay I've seen is about 2 seconds. Here's a few collection of videos with my old GoPro.

Also, this has been my quietest city driving experience in Highway mode. I don't think would go back to Advance Mode @50% K + Rear @80% anytime soon.

DC Fluid

RDF Addicts Anonymous Member
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Happy so far with the Auto Lockouts. It only rarely have delays in my experience and the longest delay I've seen is about 2 seconds. Here's a few collection of videos with my old GoPro.

Cool collection, thanks for sharing.
I noticed a lot of your lockouts are in K Block 1 & 2 zones, much like I get here.
Set to "Weak" K Block 1 and 2 reduce lots of those signals from requiring any lockout until they get above 3 bars, making it even quieter.
I really have to learn how to splice videos like that, great display of Auto Mute Memory in action.

billvp

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Thanks. I would hope they tweak this down to 2 or 3 seconds. 7 seems long to me for an IO shot.
Even 2 or 3 seconds can be too much. I drive by areas on the highway that beep for maybe a second when at highway speeds.

The IO shot excuse/reason doesn't make sense to me.
Post automatically merged:

i would drop the delay or at lease make this a user setting. in the programming world timers are crapola.

chance of locking out a trap is slim and none for me. if it did happen, i can add a user mark for a known trap location. are we compromising the performance 95% of the time for 5% of maybe?

i would record the signal strength, start and end locations for each alert and do some jethro bodine math. find the mid point and set a variable lockout radius based on the start and end point. add options like we have for k block, give full alert if an alert‘s signal is stronger than the recorded lockout...
A user setting would be fine. I think that the general public would want the default to be very low time though, not in the 5+ second range.

Last edited:

Heywood

Learning Something New, Still Dying Stupid
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
i would drop the delay or at lease make this a user setting. in the programming world timers are crapola.

chance of locking out a trap is slim and none for me. if it did happen, i can add a user mark for a known trap location. are we compromising the performance 95% of the time for 5% of maybe?

i would record the signal strength, start and end locations for each alert and do some jethro bodine math. find the mid point and set a variable lockout radius based on the start and end point. add options like we have for k block, give full alert if an alert‘s signal is stronger than the recorded lockout...
You have to make usable for everyone... not just the enthusiast.

Even 2 or 3 seconds can be too much. I drive by areas on the highway that beep for maybe a second when at highway speeds.

The IO shot excuse/reason doesn't make sense to me.

A user setting would be fine. I think that the general public would want the default to be very low time though, not in the 5+ second range.

Your asking the detector to
1. Memorize the gps location
2. Record and memorize the frequency (+/- 10 MHz) for every hit it takes
3. Automatically lock it out when you get a match..... within 2 seconds.

So your asking it to do all that with in a few seconds of seeing it? How much memory and processing power do you think it has? It’s not anywhere near the power and sophistication of your cheapest cell phone.

I think I’ll just let you guys come up
with your own ideas of what might be involved to make it work.

How would I know anyway. Carry on.

Izzyrd

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I noticed a lot of your lockouts are in K Block 1 & 2 zones, much like I get here.
Set to "Weak" K Block 1 and 2 reduce lots of those signals from requiring any lockout until they get above 3 bars, making it even quieter.
I really have to learn how to splice videos like that, great display of Auto Mute Memory in action.
My pleasure and thanks for the suggestion. I'll try it out on my way home this morning.

inthbiz

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I was given permission to release the firmware with Auto Lockouts.

Here you go.... Enjoy
As always it took me a few attempts on my MacBook Pro (10.11.6 El Capitan) but finally succeeded in updating my R7. Now the fun begins. What is your go to for Spd C Range? Auto?

DrHow

Going Plaid+ (Tesla S). RDT refugee
Banned User
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score

So your asking it to do all that with in a few seconds of seeing it? How much memory and processing power do you think it has? It’s not anywhere near the power and sophistication of your cheapest cell phone.

V1Driver has this power. Works great.

Waterdonkey

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score

Izzyrd

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
@DC Fluid ...By the way, I did all the splicing of my videos using my phone's basic editor (Note 20 5G) and putting them together using the app Youcut (free version). Other times I do the splicing directly on the app.

thesilverbullet

Clemson Tigers
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score

i was thinking the of same thing - hardware limitations.

apple’s new M1 chip and more memory would do the trick lol. time for r7g2?

Last edited:

crdbrKiss

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Not sure if this is supposed to happen but my R7 after passing the RLC will show 10ft and make a different alert tone. It is not a major issue but just wondering.

mattguy10

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Not sure if this is supposed to happen but my R7 after passing the RLC will show 10ft and make a different alert tone. It is not a major issue but just wondering.
Part of the new firmware:

“Pass chime(one beep) is added to the POI alert. The R7 will announce a pass chime when the car passes the camera (POI) in the database.”

crdbrKiss

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Oh, thanks! So, it will continue to do that?

Part of the new firmware:

“Pass chime(one beep) is added to the POI alert. The R7 will announce a pass chime when the car passes the camera (POI) in the database.”
Nevermind....should have read the update. Thank you for the response.

Greed1

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Could someone please post a step by step tutorial on how to update on pc. I've updated several times on a mac using links directly from unidens web site but never using a link like the one in the original post. After trying several times on my mac, I can't get it to see the R7. I've updated the drivers for big sur but still nothing. I also have a pc I can update with. I guess I'm just not understanding the file in the op. Thanks

nascar

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Could someone please post a step by step tutorial on how to update on pc. I've updated several times on a mac using links directly from unidens web site but never using a link like the one in the original post. After trying several times on my mac, I can't get it to see the R7. I've updated the drivers for big sur but still nothing. I also have a pc I can update with. I guess I'm just not understanding the file in the op. Thanks

Like this...

mattguy10

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
The file in the OP is no different than what Uniden normally posts on their website. It is a zipped .bin file just like Uniden usually provides. All you should need to do is download the file in the OP to a place like your desktop (it should unzip itself, on a Mac). Then launch the Uniden firmware update tool and once it sees your R7, click open and navigate to that .bin file you just downloaded to your desktop and then click start download. If your Mac isn’t seeing the R7, you said you installed the latest drivers for Big Sur, did you also install the latest 1.4 firmware update program?

Windows is the same thing:

*Download the file in the OP to your desktop. Unzip it.
*Download drivers and firmware update program from Unidens website.
*Install drivers
*Install update program
*plug in R7 and pray that the pc sees it 😂

You can plug in your R7 first before installing anything, sometimes that works better, sometimes not. It shouldn’t be this way, but it’s really trial and error when updating Uniden detectors it seems. For me, I’ve been successful every single time. Makes me no better than anyone else, just lucky I guess 😉

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kidnapper49