Uniden R7 Auto Lockout Firmware V1.35

Brainstorm69

TXCTG - 2016 MOTY
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I did a small amount of testing on new 135 firmware with the K1 and K2 filters on Weak. Interestingly I found that from Advanced 30% all the way to Highway, it takes basically 4 bars of signal strength to alert to both K block signals. In City mode, it only takes 1 bar to alert. It still appears to filter about one bar of signal strength in city mode .

So more testing to come, but it appears to me that the filtering is variable based on the setting of sensitivity not just a set value.
That is consistent with what I saw when testing the beta.

oversteer325

Caution, Anchor May Drop Suddenly
Premium Plus
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I did a small amount of testing on new 135 firmware with the K1 and K2 filters on Weak. Interestingly I found that from Advanced 30% all the way to Highway, it takes basically 4 bars of signal strength to alert to both K block signals. In City mode, it only takes 1 bar to alert. It still appears to filter about one bar of signal strength in city mode .

So more testing to come, but it appears to me that the filtering is variable based on the setting of sensitivity not just a set value.
Really cool observation!

TurboDriver

One foot on the brake, one on the gas...
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
To those who use the "weak" setting....what is the advantage over "mute" or the default "on"?
With On you will get 0 alerts no matter what the signal strength, with Mute it will show on screen but will not alert. With Weak it doesn't show until it reaches a set signal strength and then it will alert.

I like Weak because it gives an alert if by chance there is something close enough to matter. These are much better options than the original K Block that totally blocked everything in it's range.

Last edited:

DC Fluid

RDF Addicts Anonymous Member
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Driving around on Highway mode now, instead of 40%, I'm picking up those signals 40% missed, or delayed now.
Auto Mute Memory has started locking out the ones I missed today as predicted.

Getting all the driving time with my backup R7 as it has half as many manual lockouts done as my original main R7.
Feeling positive about the progress.
Maybe back to 50% after a few weeks around town locking out.

MrMeeseeks

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Democratic Peoples Republic of Massachusetts
To those who use the "weak" setting....what is the advantage over "mute" or the default "on"?
If you use mute your screen will be flashing a lot of BSM false alerts. If you use "on" you will be getting no alerts at all in that range possibly missing a real alert.

Weak filters out most of the BSM's while still alerting you to legitimate threats.

mbsl500

Completing TPS reports
Advanced User
Reaction score
If you use mute your screen will be flashing a lot of BSM false alerts. If you use "on" you will be getting no alerts at all in that range possibly missing a real alert.

Weak filters out most of the BSM's while still alerting you to legitimate threats.
Thank you.

Brainstorm69

TXCTG - 2016 MOTY
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
On will totally block any signal in the frequency range, no matter what the strength. So if an actual LEO signal is detected in the frequency range, it will not give you any indication.

Mute will show you visually (but give no audible warning) of an alert in the frequency range. So if a signal is detected in the range, and you notice the visual, you can monitor the visual signal strength to determine whether it might be a LEO

Weak will give you an audible and visual alert once the signal passes the signal strength threshold. This gives you an audible alert as well as a visual alert beyond the threshold. The audible should catch your attention for stronger signals that may be a LEO rather than a BSM.

PHILBERT

left lane, behind your [email protected]$$ ugly SUV_ MOVE OVER!
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I just gave 135 an "around town" drive, and then a "other side of town" trip to test manual lockouts and some doors not yet locked out. Tomorrow I will revisit the non-locked out areas to see what Auto does. Manual lockouts still do a wonderful job of keeping the R7 quiet. They should, as I spent many hours training that R7. So glad a "reset" doesn't erase all those hours of training work.

I did se a few BSM's on other frequencies. Not too many, and weak. None on K Block 1 or 2 frequencies with Weak selected. So I turned Mute on both blocks just to see what was out there. Not enough time in traffic to tell yet. Now that some have reported a 4-bar threshold on K Block Weak, I will be looking to see how strong signal gets on Mute mode. I will also re-evaluate "K Extended". Thank you for the information! @DC Fluid

Phil

DC Fluid

Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
I just gave 135 an "around town" drive, and then a "other side of town" trip to test manual lockouts and some doors not yet locked out. Tomorrow I will revisit the non-locked out areas to see what Auto does. Manual lockouts still do a wonderful job of keeping the R7 quiet. They should, as I spent many hours training that R7. So glad a "reset" doesn't erase all those hours of training work.

I did se a few BSM's on other frequencies. Not too many, and weak. None on K Block 1 or 2 frequencies with Weak selected. So I turned Mute on both blocks just to see what was out there. Not enough time in traffic to tell yet. Now that some have reported a 4-bar threshold on K Block Weak, I will be looking to see how strong signal gets on Mute mode. I will also re-evaluate "K Extended". Thank you for the information! @DC Fluid

Phil
K Extended was brought back from earlier firmware that scanned that low, to catch those horrible Reflex low frequency K Band mobile speed camera vehicles like in Calgary AB.
Really shouldn't need it for most of NA unless Redflex invades your community.

Fixxxer0

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Finally got to drive by some of the MRCD cameras in NYC on my usual routes. 135 is only alerting after passing the cameras now, instant full blast. Basically useless. Sometimes not even an alert at all.

Clearly a big delay from previous 133 which would pick these cameras up a couple hundred feet in advance(as long as there was a car that travelled past it)

PHILBERT

left lane, behind your [email protected]$$ ugly SUV_ MOVE OVER!
Intermediate User
Reaction score
K Extended was brought back from earlier firmware that scanned that low, to catch those horrible Reflex low frequency K Band mobile speed camera vehicles like in Calgary AB.
Really shouldn't need it for most of NA unless Redflex invades your community.
Great info. Thanks!

P

DC Fluid

Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Aren't all the NYC cameras in the database so you get GPS alerts?
Too many too fast going up to keep up?
Any mobile vans/vehicles yet?

Fixxxer0

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Aren't all the NYC cameras in the database so you get GPS alerts?
Too many too fast going up to keep up?
Any mobile vans/vehicles yet?
No vans. They are in the DB and Waze, but I occasionally tune out the alert that may have come 2 or 3 min earlier if in traffic or at a light.

I like the last minute reminder of oh sht a speed cam, when the MRCD alert goes off.

yellowtibby

Shifter ZR4's number one fan.
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Looks like they will have to release an update to fix mrcd detection.

billvp

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
If the auto lockouts are separate from the manual lockouts, will auto lockouts also lockout somewhere that you have manually locked out (after passing by it 3 times 24-hr apart)?

olemil

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
If the auto lockouts are separate from the manual lockouts, will auto lockouts also lockout somewhere that you have manually locked out (after passing by it 3 times 24-hr apart)?
Good question. I am anxious to see what the answer is myself. I looked through all 10 pages on this thread and didn't really see anything pertaining to it.

DC Fluid

Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Nope, hasn't been doing that
Firmware notes indicates manual lockouts take priority. Whatever that means.
Auto won't unlock manuals.
So far it's working as hoped.

SlickNYC

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I've reverted back to 1.33 and immediately gained back my MRCT performance. It looks like I will need to wait until they figure out how to increase MRCT performance with auto-lockouts. But it is good to know that Uniden is actively working on issues and new features.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cajuncwby30