Uniden R7 Auto Lockout Firmware V1.35

BestRadarDetectors

Manufacturer
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Manufacturer
Reaction score
I was given permission to release the firmware with Auto Lockouts.

Here you go.... Enjoy

Attachments

• R7_v135.142.115_db210105.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 423

SilenceDogoodNinja

SDN
Premium Plus
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Thank you so much !

Vortex

Making Videos
Observer
VIP
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Awesome! Glad to see they're releasing this update!

Here's the changelog and then some detailed info about all the new features.

1. Auto mute memory is added. “Auto mute memory” shows on the screen for 2sec when a signal is auto locked out and saved in the memory.

2. The name of K Block Filter(24.199 +-5MHz) is changed to “K Block1 Filter” and new options(Weak/Mute) are added (on/weak/mute/off)
  • On(default) – Block all signals within 24.199 +-5MHz
  • Weak – Block weak signals only
  • Mute - 'Blocked' icon is displayed
  • Off - Filter disabled
3. New K Block2 Filter(24.168 +-2MHz) is added with the options (On/weak/mute/off). The default is On.

4. K band reactivity delay (K band gun with Quick trigger mode) is improved.

5. Arrow Display feature is improved to avoid changing the Arrow direction too frequently.

6. Alert distance options for Speed Camera Alert are changed. You can see the Alert distance options below when you set Speed Camera Alert to ON in the Menu.

v1.35 : 300m(1000ft), 600m(2000ft), 760m(2500ft), 900m(3000ft), Auto

7. The text “Bogey Tone” in the Menu is changed to “Ka Bogey Tone”.

8. Pass chime(one beep) is added to the POI alert. The R7 will announce a pass chime when the car passes the camera (POI) in the database.

and then my website post here with a bunch more detailed info:

and here's my video now available going over the changes and how they work:

Last edited:

bluesxturbo

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I was given permission to release the firmware with Auto Lockouts.

Here you go.... Enjoy
No way, should I upgrade from R3 to R7?
Post automatically merged:

Awesome! Glad to see they're releasing this update! I'll post an update in a sec with more info about 1.35. :)
Vortex, should I upgrade my R3 to R7 right now? Or should I wait for Thiea? Haha

BestRadarDetectors

Manufacturer
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Manufacturer
Reaction score
There is one bug with this existing firmware and it will be corrected in a future update:

Once an area is locked out and the user passes through the area again, the stored area is slightly smaller. So, as you enter the locked out area, there could be an alert for a moment (Not Always) then the signal gets locked out.

No need to report this as its already known but instead of waiting for another firmware update we figured it was long overdue so releasing the current version as is and will release another update in the future.

bluesxturbo

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
There is one bug with this existing firmware and it will be corrected in a future update:

Once an area is locked out and the user passes through the area again, the stored area is slightly smaller. So, as you enter the locked out area, there could be an alert for a moment (Not Always) then the signal gets locked out.

No need to report this as its already known but instead of waiting for another firmware update we figured it was long overdue so releasing the current version as is and will release another update in the future.
Thank you!

alloy00

vMax
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Wow - much more than Auto Lockouts too - terrific options to calm down common BSM's. Bravo!

Riptide

Recovering M3 Addict
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Thanks! Does this have the latest database built in as well?

NorEaster18

Maximum Efficiency
Advanced User
Reaction score
I'm loving the new K Block features! The "mute" version looks very similar to how I utilize Mute In-The-Box on my V1G2. These sound like fantastic filtering updates and should help combat BSMs more effectively than just blocking those sections of K band.

Bravo Uniden and thank you @BestRadarDetectors! I may have to pick up an R7 to try again.

Sean

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
No way, should I upgrade from R3 to R7?
Post automatically merged:

Vortex, should I upgrade my R3 to R7 right now? Or should I wait for Thiea? Haha
Great question. I have an R3 that I love and will be keeping it, at least for now. I wouldn't go to the R7. I might go to the RL 360c -- I have one of those, and it's great, too. But, I think I'll wait for Theia ;) or, in reality, the next strong detector after the R7/RL 360. IOW, am skipping the R7 generation and going to the one after, if that makes sense?

bluesxturbo

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Great question. I have an R3 that I love and will be keeping it, at least for now. I wouldn't go to the R7. I might go to the RL 360c -- I have one of those, and it's great, too. But, I think I'll wait for Theia ;) or, in reality, the next strong detector after the R7/RL 360. IOW, am skipping the R7 generation and going to the one after, if that makes sense?
I love my R3 as well, but auto mute is next level imo. Hard decision.

Vehicle 1

Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Nice! Will be updating and going for a test drive today.

yellowtibby

Shifter ZR4's number one fan.
Intermediate User
Reaction score
AHHHHHHHHHHH.......AHHHHHHH *Rips off my Radenso XP off my windshield* time to run the R7 again!

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeadEyeSolo