Radenso Pro M photo radar detection in Edmonton

veeo987

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm new in the radar detector world. I just bought a Radenso Pro M because I just moved to Edmonton and I realized speed traps are crazy here. However, I'm having some issues. I often get false MRCT signals, while I've read there are only supposed to be MRCDs. I even got a weak 3 bar Gatso signal near my house in Mill Woods and I get it every time I pass near that location. For speed cameras, I've tested the ones on Baseline Rd near the refinery and on 34th St just north of Sherwood Park Freeway. I get a GPS warning of speed cam but no MRCD signal. Today, I've passed a radar truck (The yellow ones running photo radar) on the Whitemud. I got a strong MRCT signal on the Anthony Henday, but it stopped right before exiting to the Whitemud. My settings are the following:

• AutoCity: 50/80 km/h
  • City Level: X0 K5 Ka0
  • Display Mode: Speed/Time
  • Units: Metrics
  • Alerts: Bar
  • Voice: On
  • Auto Mute: On
  • X Tone: 1
  • K Tone: 1
  • Ka Tone: 2
  • MD Tone: 3
  • MT Tone: 3
  • Gatso Tone: 3
  • Laser Tone: 4
  • 1-Beep: Off
  • Speed: 20 km/h
  • X: Off
  • K: Narrow
  • K TS Rej: High
  • Ka: Wide
  • Ka Filter: Off
  • Ka POP: Off
  • Laser: On
  • MRCT: Narrow
  • MRCD: Narrow
  • MR Filter: High
  • Gatso: On
  • Startup Sound: On
  • GPS Connected Announce: Off
  • GPS Detection
    • Speed Cam: On
    • RedLight Cam: On
    • Section: On
    • User Area: On
I would like to know if my settings are correct for the usage in Edmonton. I get a bunch of false K warnings, especially because of speed signs on the Whitemud and businesses in the city, but it's tolerable. However, I'm really looking for the best settings to get photo radars as soon as possible as well as cops hiding on the Henday.

Thank you for your answers!

Note: My Radenso is running the last firmware. I've installed the last firmware this weekend.

Heywood

Learning Something New, Still Dying Stupid
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Ok.
The Mesta Fusion RLC’s are Gatso. They’re the tall shinny ones. I’ll put a picture in the bottom.

As for the RLC’s.... they’re all pretty much in the RLC Database. You’ll get a warning so you can do a few things.

Turn off MRCT and Gatso. The database alerts are better than the actual detections in my opinion.

Change Ka wide to Ka narrow. You can even just run Ka 34.7 and 35.5.

Run KSNarrow.
Run TSREJ on low.

There is no K band in the city of Edmonton... but you will find it on the East leg of the Henday and you’ll see it, sometime, on Baseline Road right up to 34 st. Thats in the Alberta Sheriff’s and RCMP’s jurisdiction.

Speaking of 34 st and baseline. There’s a speed sign art the Esso Refinery main gate. It’s shooting straight down (southward). It’s for the traffic driving into the refinery before they get to the security gate.

Turn speed camera and sections off. I’d rather know they are there.... than than they could be there. It’ll drive you nuts. There’s so many locations.

The Pro-M is hands down the best detector for Edmonton.... but it does have some warts. All of them do. I’ll explain later.

Ask whatever you want. I’m sure I can help you with your settings. I have a bit of experience with it.

Attachments

• 640B7B86-67D7-484C-810A-69361D6027E5.jpeg
    640B7B86-67D7-484C-810A-69361D6027E5.jpeg
    95.1 KB · Views: 21

RoadDogg

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score

DifferentialT

Learning to Fly
Premium Plus
Beginner User
Reaction score
@veeo987
Note: My Radenso is running the last firmware. I've installed the last firmware this weekend.
@veeo987, I can't add anything to what @Heywood said but he is well informed. I have an older model Radenso XP and live in Colorado so my set up is different anyway. Welcome to the Forum!

Heywood

Learning Something New, Still Dying Stupid
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Sorry had to eat lol.

Change the MR filter from High to low.

As for warts. You’ll get some MRCD false. The Pro-M is great for it... but there’s a few things that set it off.

Ford Superduty Lariat’s
Lexus E350’s
Newer Nissan Rouges
Toyota Highlanders
Subaru‘s that run the “Eyesight” option. That’s the Foresters and some Outback’s.

If your getting an MD false, those would be the usual suspects. Still, because of the MRCD threat... and how they hide in plain sight.... you have a great detector for it.

DC Fluid

RDF Addicts Anonymous Member
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Sorry had to eat lol.

As for warts. You’ll get some MRCD false. The Pro-M is great for it... but there’s a few things that set it off.

Ford Superduty Lariat’s
Lexus E350’s
Newer Nissan Rouges
Toyota Highlanders
Subaru‘s that run the “Eyesight” option. That’s the Foresters and some Outback’s.

If your getting an MD false, those would be the usual suspects. Still, because of the MRCD threat... and how they hide in plain sight.... you have a great detector for it.
I was going to poke you about MR filter settings but you beat me to it.
@veeo987 if anyone can help you get the most out of Pro M in Edmonton, Heywood is it.

veeo987

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Sorry had to eat lol.

Ford Superduty Lariat’s
Lexus E350’s
Newer Nissan Rouges
Toyota Highlanders

Thank you very much for your good explanations. I'll try your settings and see how it behaves. And yes, the Speed Camera alert that sounds at usual mobile photo radar locations is really annoying. I pass that kind of location on the Whitemud just before the Henday everyday and even if the truck's not there, I get a warning and it reminds me to slow down.
Post automatically merged:

@veeo987 , Welcome to the Forum!!
Thank you very much for the welcoming. I hope I'll learn a lot here about how these devices work.

Last edited:

milkman

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
welcome to the forum

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members