New here! Just ordered a Valentine One Gen 2

2018GTI

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Thank you. Yep have had the V1 Gen2 for several months using V1 Driver. Just considering getting an Android to leave in my car for JBV. I assume the newer the phone the better?
You may want to consider an older/higher quality phone over a cheap new one. They may have a better display and actually work better for your purpose. I have a Samsung S8 that is great.
Post automatically merged:

Welcome @frostyfrost ! Congrats on a great set up!

frostyfrost

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
You may want to consider an older/higher quality phone over a cheap new one. They may have a better display and actually work better for your purpose. I have a Samsung S8 that is great.
Post automatically merged:

Welcome @frostyfrost ! Congrats on a great set up!
Thanks! What version of Android do you have on that phone? By the way, I know ZERO about Android phones, but I ordered a Moto G Fast https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08H8DYQD6/?tag=rdf0cd0c-20

Not sure how good that phone is, but literally it will only be used on wifi in my car for JBV1. My primary phone will continue to be my iPhone 12 Pro.

Last edited:

Transporter

ModWight Transporter
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
In front of you but behind a Rabbit - Hot'Lanta,GA
Thanks! What version of Android do you have on that phone? By the way, I know ZERO about Android phones, but I ordered a Moto G Fast https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08H8DYQD6/?tag=rdf0cd0c-20

Not sure how good that phone is, but literally it will only be used on wifi in my car for JBV1. My primary phone will continue to be my iPhone 12 Pro.

Nice phone, not my choice for car environment JBV1 display use, in my opinion, as it is an LCD display. On new phones if one is not going to spring for OLED then I recommend the Ulefone Note 7 with its 6.1 inch IPS LCD display at $99. Remember, get the most bang for your buck in the display without buying other things you will never use running JBV1, as they will all have BT, you don't a camera much less three lens, don't need a ton or extra ram that you will be paying for but never use. Concentrate on the display is my advice. If not returning the one you ordered is the 50 bucks extra worth the 0.3 more inches of display plus the hassle of not returning it.

In my opinion the Amoled LED are the best in the sunlight of a vehicle environment but that only leaves three brand choices of Samsung, LG, and BOE currently plus pushes up the price because they are more expensive then IPS LCD displayed phones which is again why I bought used. My phone was going for around $800 so I got a slightly used one for $200 just for the display.

2018GTI

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score

It is Android 9. I am in the same boat--I know next to nothing about Androids and I am an iPhone user all the way!

RoadDogg

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
@frostyfrost , Welcome to the Forum!! Nice choice on the V1G2. The V1G2 is a beast! I run my V1G2 with V1 Driver, and it works for me, but I know that JBV1 is awesome and more comprehensive from what I have heard.

One of these days I will pick up an Android phone to try JBV1. I used to always have Android phones until I switched back to I-phone 4 or 5 years ago. I hope you enjoy your new V1G2. Let us know how you like it once you have some time with it.

auskip07

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
great choice JBV1 can be overwhelming to set up at first so be prepared to do your homework and if you have any questions this site is a good resource

frostyfrost

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
great choice JBV1 can be overwhelming to set up at first so be prepared to do your homework and if you have any questions this site is a good resource
Thanks! I'm going to take it slow and try not to get overwhelmed. After all, I am going from nothing to the whole shebang.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Benlindsey007