New here! Just ordered a Valentine One Gen 2

frostyfrost

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
This forum inspired me to order the Valentine One Gen 2. I'm an iPhone user but also ordered a cheap Android phone to run JBV1 through my in-car wifi! Looking forward to learning from you guys.

Haven't had a RD in nearly 20 years.

frostyfrost

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Great choice. I keep hearing about people buying cheap Android phones to run JBV. Does one have to pay for a phone plan as well? I use V1 Driver with my IPhone and am curious if it’s worth the switch.
As a noob, not the best to answer this. But from what I've read you can either 1) tether to your iphone hotspot (but not entirely seamlessly), 2) use your in-car wifi, or 3) buy a super cheap data plan like this https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0792D3LLZ/?tag=rdf0cd0c-20

oversteer325

Caution, Anchor May Drop Suddenly
Premium Plus
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! The V1G2 with apps should be a solid choice!

benzr

Been there done that !! Original V1 user !!
Advanced User
Reaction score
Great choice. I keep hearing about people buying cheap Android phones to run JBV. Does one have to pay for a phone plan as well? I use V1 Driver with my IPhone and am curious if it’s worth the switch.
Nope BUT to get the BEST SAFETY and Security IMHO

Tello 1gb/mo $7/mo with BONUS Unlimited Talk n Text.
CONs MUST have a CDMA capable phone.
I use J3 and LG Stylo 5. Both bought used.
Search their website for compatibility on your bought android.

Welcome sboard yhe RDF TRAIN !!!!

Get to know us !! 😎😎
Post OFTEN !! 👍👍

We want your input too 🤗🤗

:bandwagon:

Benzr

milkman

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum

Vortex

Making Videos
Observer
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Awesome congrats! That's an awesome setup. :)

Transporter

ModWight Transporter
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
In front of you but behind a Rabbit - Hot'Lanta,GA
Nope BUT to get the BEST SAFETY and Security IMHO

Tello 1gb/mo $7/mo with BONUS Unlimited Talk n Text.
CONs MUST have a CDMA capable phone.
I use J3 and LG Stylo 5. Both bought used.
Search their website for compatibility on your bought android.

Welcome sboard yhe RDF TRAIN !!!!

Get to know us !! 😎😎
Post OFTEN !! 👍👍

We want your input too 🤗🤗

:bandwagon:

Benzr

@benzr Only if one doesn't already have a plan for their main phone that includes a Hot Spot. Neither of my android phone have ever had a SIM in them. They both run off my iPhone HotSpot.

@frostyfrost Welcome to the RDF! If you iPhone includes a HotSpot, there is no need to get a plan for your Android. Use the iPhone Hotspot!

cthorne

Learning to Walk
Newly Registered
Reaction score
I currently have a V
1G2 and am using V1 Driver on my iPhone.
If I normally run Waze in the foreground, does it make sense to get an android & use my iPhone hotspot to use JBV1 on it?
I mean, I will probably be doing PSL+ & dealing with two phones & V1 while driving sounds unsafe & I'm not sure I could do it...
If I'm speeding and watching 3 devices, sounds like an accident looking for a place to happen...

benzr

Been there done that !! Original V1 user !!
Advanced User
Reaction score
@benzr Only if one doesn't already have a plan for their main phone that includes a Hot Spot. Neither of my android phone have ever had a SIM in them. They both run off my iPhone HotSpot.

@frostyfrost Welcome to the RDF! If you iPhone includes a HotSpot, there is no need to get a plan for your Android. Use the iPhone Hotspot!

Yeah i just don't want to give AT&T a reason to quash my Grandfathered Unlimited Data Plan by enabling the Hotspot. Right now keeping my Iphone jail-breaked is such a hassle and that was tje app I was using to hotspot back in yhe day !!

Benzr

Blasirl

Bring Order to Chaos
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Beginner User
Reaction score
America's Dairyland - Smell our Dairy Air!
This forum inspired me to order the Valentine One Gen 2. I'm an iPhone user but also ordered a cheap Android phone to run JBV1 through my in-car wifi! Looking forward to learning from you guys.

Welcome Aboard!:parrot:

Saleen556

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score

I have WIFI in my car. I assume if I got an Android I could connect to it instead of my IPhone hotspot?

Transporter

ModWight Transporter
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I have WIFI in my car. I assume if I got an Android I could connect to it instead of my IPhone hotspot?

Yes, in-vehicle WiFi, a standalone HotSpot, phone HotSpot, or getting a data only plan for the Android all work. The only requirements to maximize JBV1 is having a V1 with BT and that the Android has mobile access to the Internet (no matter how that happens) so JBV1 has the most up to date available data from Internet sources.

Transporter

ModWight Transporter
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Yeah i just don't want to give AT&T a reason to quash my Grandfathered Unlimited Data Plan by enabling the Hotspot. Right now keeping my Iphone jail-breaked is such a hassle and that was tje app I was using to hotspot back in yhe day !!

Benzr

Hey buddy, with Visible 5G available to you at $35 a month flat pricing ($25 a month per phone if you bring your 3 numbers over which includes a HotSpot and all fees and services included) with you keeping your numbers, WHY are you still on AT&T plus worrying about a Grandfather Unlimited Plan when everything is Unlimited on Visible as long as your bill is on autopay!

Transporter

ModWight Transporter
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I currently have a V
1G2 and am using V1 Driver on my iPhone.
If I normally run Waze in the foreground, does it make sense to get an android & use my iPhone hotspot to use JBV1 on it?
I mean, I will probably be doing PSL+ & dealing with two phones & V1 while driving sounds unsafe & I'm not sure I could do it...
If I'm speeding and watching 3 devices, sounds like an accident looking for a place to happen...

I think you are over thinking it. I don't drive down the road watching three devices. First, if your switch to JBV1 you will no longer need V1Driver. So one device down. Second if you switch to JBV1, one no longer has to look at their V1 either (I run mine in JBV1 Dark Mode, JBV1 immediately tells you if it shuts off or dies). Third, I mounted my JBV1 Android like it was a HUD so I no longer even look at my speedometer, I use the MHP display on JBV1. So when I place at it, I am getting my current speed and a look at the current map (if one likes and buys a large enough Android, one can even run VVaze in the background with JBV1 so everything is on one display). Lastly, once running JBV1, one can concentrate on driving because it will audio alert you when you really need to look at it whether it is a VVaze LEO alert or V1 K or Ka Alert. It really is less to watch, not more, because only one thing needs watched and only when it alerts one to watch!

DifferentialT

Learning to Fly
Premium Plus
Beginner User
Reaction score

@frostyfrost Welcome to the Forum. You're in for a treat!

Saleen556

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Yes, in-vehicle WiFi, a standalone HotSpot, phone HotSpot, or getting a data only plan for the Android all work. The only requirements to maximize JBV1 is having a V1 with BT and that the Android has mobile access to the Internet (no matter how that happens) so JBV1 has the most up to date available data from Internet sources.
Thank you. Yep have had the V1 Gen2 for several months using V1 Driver. Just considering getting an Android to leave in my car for JBV. I assume the newer the phone the better?

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tishkyyyd4