Hello Everyone a rookie Uniden R3 user here

SSGNY

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

As the title states...I am brand new to the radar scene. I am eager to learn about the Uniden R3 as it seems the features are vast and their is much to learn. Thankfully there is a forum like this with great people willing to teach and willing to learn.

milkman

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum

nomore55

PSL +10%
Advanced User
Reaction score
SSG, welcome aboard! The Uniden R3 will prove to be a great starting point, whether you are experienced with counter-measures or not. It will serve you for a long time. Be safe!

2018GTI

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Welcome, the R3 is a great detector!

DifferentialT

Learning to Fly
Premium Plus
Beginner User
Reaction score
The Uniden R3 with GPS is a great detector and hard to beat for value. If you find yourself interested in directional arrows sometime take a look at the R7. It is one of the top detectors and at very competitive price to the others.

Blindfingers

Learning to Fly
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Beginner User
Reaction score
Welcome @SSGNY to the forum!
Lots and lots of info here on the R3. If you just received the unit then you should check out Vortex' site vortexradar.com for options and explanations on the functions.

I take it your from New York and in some cases it's nice to know what area as there may be other RDF members near you to offer their experience and guidance.

Blasirl

Bring Order to Chaos
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Beginner User
Reaction score
America's Dairyland - Smell our Dairy Air!
Hello Everyone,

As the title states...I am brand new to the radar scene. I am eager to learn about the Uniden R3 as it seems the features are vast and their is much to learn. Thankfully there is a forum like this with great people willing to teach and willing to learn.
Welcome Aboard!:parrot:

Uniden

RoadDogg

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
@SSGNY , Welcome to the Forum from Tennessee!! The R3 is a great radar detector. There is a lot of great information on the RDF to optimize the settings for your driving environment and needs. Welcome aboard!!

SSGNY

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
The Uniden R3 with GPS is a great detector and hard to beat for value. If you find yourself interested in directional arrows sometime take a look at the R7. It is one of the top detectors and at very competitive price to the others.
Thank you Differential. I figured I would initially start with the R3 and get used to the settings, different configurations, and lingo lol. Then step up to the R7 👍🏼
Post automatically merged:

Welcome @SSGNY to the forum!
Lots and lots of info here on the R3. If you just received the unit then you should check out Vortex' site vortexradar.com for options and explanations on the functions.

I take it your from New York and in some cases it's nice to know what area as there may be other RDF members near you to offer their experience and guidance.
Hello Blindfingers. Thanks for the vortex website, I am going to check that out. I actually receive my R3 on Wednesday. I ordered it online. I am up close to the Buffalo and Rochester areas...those are the “major cities” around here other than Syracuse. I am eager to learn about this device and hope to be vigilant...cops seem to get more creative in their hiding LOL. Cant knock em.

Last edited:

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
k6ssey