Thinking about buying a LIDAR gun, suggestions?

TheZombaslaya

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I’ve been looking at E-bay for LIDAR guns, looks like they’ve occasionally got some PLIIIs and UL20-20s for sale, I’m not sure which is the better buy, or what a decent price is since I see there is quite a bit of variation in price. If anyone’s got some tips or experience please let me know.

sdrawkcaB

Defender of Light 📶
ModSec
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Neither gun is difficult by any means for countermeasure tech. Throwing that aspect out, I would buy an KSI ProLaser III over an UltraLyte LR-B. They're a lot more fun to use in my opinion. I see both used regularly in my area, as well as across the USA still. While the models are old, It's a common misconception that these two models are no longer relevant; The KSI ProLaser III and the LTi UltraLyte LR-B are actually still both sold today and in each manufacturers current catalog, though the vendors do try to push buyers to their newer models.

Code:
https://kustomsignals.com/products/product/pro_laser_iii

https://www.lasertech.com/UltraLyte-LR-B-Laser-Speed-Gun.aspx

Z06fan

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
First, I'd probably look for whatever they use in your area so you can always test your system against that. Secondly, I agree with @sdrawkcaB, I'd also go with a ProLaser 3 if they use it in your area. PL3's are a very common gun used across the country so you always find them for sale on Ebay, etc. I've owned a variety of guns and the PL3 is my favorite.

LoveRenee

Radar/Lidar Addiction MD
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I completely agree with @sdrawkcaB. I own both the PL3 and The UltraLyte and I'll take the PL3 over it any day. The only thing I like better about the UL is that I can run it on batteries so it's not attached to a power adaptor. With the PL3, you would need to build your own battery, which there are tutorials here to accomplish that. I am uneducated in that area to be able to accomplish that.

erickonphoenix

Left Lane Hooligan
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
the PL3 is a great gun for the money. But I'd avoid spending more than $500 on one unless it's mint. BTW, you can buy batteries and a charger for the PL3 from Kustom directly. It cost me about $300 and it works fine but don't store the gun with the battery in it. Or any electronics with the batteries in it for that matter.

Sky1

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I’ve been looking at E-bay for LIDAR guns, looks like they’ve occasionally got some PLIIIs and UL20-20s for sale, I’m not sure which is the better buy, or what a decent price is since I see there is quite a bit of variation in price. If anyone’s got some tips or experience please let me know.
I just bought a pretty nice Prolaser III from Ebay not long ago. It came with the cigarette lighter plug and a case. I will probably be selling it after I am done installing and testing my system

TheZombaslaya

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I just bought a pretty nice Prolaser III from Ebay not long ago. It came with the cigarette lighter plug and a case. I will probably be selling it after I am done installing and testing my system
There’s one for sale with the cigarette plug and case for $460, i’m thinking about it since ones without any power are only around $100 cheaper.

norteno

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
There’s one for sale with the cigarette plug and case for $460, i’m thinking about it since ones without any power are only around $100 cheaper.
I was looking at that one too! 😂
First I got a finish saving up money for my ALP system. Since they use PL3 where I’m at, I will probably end up getting one of those later to test my system, and play with…😏
Post automatically merged:

Post automatically merged:

I have to agree with the everyone else. It’s best to get what used in your area.

Last edited:

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dnanian